VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 05:41:46 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TAMU was effectively in the bonus with  (Read 496 times)
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2023, 02:31:44 EST »

17:35 to go in the second half. 😳😳😳
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 04:54:54 EST »

They drive to the basket and we don't....We shot 31 threes with sorry shooters.....A&M shot 15.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 01:36:24 EST »

They drive to the basket and we don't....We shot 31 threes with sorry shooters.....A&M shot 15.
I completely agree, but in the first couple of minutes of the 2nd half we got a few very questionable foul calls imo. Got the most part, however, we are just not a team that’s gonna draw a lot of fouls.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 04:29:12 EST »

I completely agree, but in the first couple of minutes of the 2nd half we got a few very questionable foul calls imo. Got the most part, however, we are just not a team that’s gonna draw a lot of fouls.

I didn’t see last night’s game, so I can’t comment on it specifically. But as I’ve noted before, we were leading the nation in FT differential back in late December. They went out of their way to mention it in every broadcast. Then SEC play began. And just like someone flipped a switch, we’re in a FT deficit nearly every night. I get that some of that comes with a step up in competition. But that can’t be the sole explanation. You don’t go from leading the nation to getting doubled up at the stripe in every big game unless something else is going on.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 05:15:46 EST »

Playing tough defense creates more fouls...we are slow in spots which creates fouls...I saw some last night where we were beat on a drive and fouled as a result...

Do we get some fouls we shouldn't...yes. Does the other team get some fouls they shouldn't....yes. I heard Barnes post game a couple weeks ago and he said we foul to much and he said he tells the team they foul to much.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2023, 09:33:36 EST »

I didn’t see last night’s game, so I can’t comment on it specifically. But as I’ve noted before, we were leading the nation in FT differential back in late December. They went out of their way to mention it in every broadcast. Then SEC play began. And just like someone flipped a switch, we’re in a FT deficit nearly every night. I get that some of that comes with a step up in competition. But that can’t be the sole explanation. You don’t go from leading the nation to getting doubled up at the stripe in every big game unless something else is going on.
One of the things going on is that other coaches and teams have figured out that attacking the goal on us leads to lots of FTs, imo of course.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: