VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 10:27:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm mad, but I'm not mad...  (Read 2587 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2016, 02:29:37 EDT »

...I didn't think we would win this game anyway- but all the injuries, all the penalties (many of which were BS), all the turnovers, we had no business sending this game to OT.  But damn- just give us one or two of those fumbles back.   

How many starters are hurt now, like 15?  Give us some of those guys back by next Saturday, and we've got a pretty good chance.

10EC
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 02:50:03 EDT »

Guys playing their hearts out.  Future is bright...
SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 02:57:00 EDT »

Loving some Coach Jones. He always has them ready & they fight hard!!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 04:29:15 EDT »

This offense could score 40 on anybody in the country if it started from the opening kickoff instead of waiting until 17-21 down. That includes the play calling.

Just don't understand it. Not playing Kamara at least 50% of the offensive snaps is criminal. Been saying that for 2 years. Him not on the field is keeping one of the best players in the SEC on the sidelines.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 04:31:42 EDT »

This offense could score 40 on anybody in the country if it started from the opening kickoff instead of waiting until 17-21 down. That includes the play calling.

Just don't understand it. Not playing Kamara at least 50% of the offensive snaps is criminal. Been saying that for 2 years. Him not on the field is keeping one of the best players in the SEC on the sidelines.
This. I do not completely forgive coaching, or their decisions. Not much I can do about it.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 04:40:51 EDT »

Honestly, you can't blame today on coaching.  Offensive playcalling was excellent.  Even though I kept calling for a deep ball, you can't argue with 700 yards on the road. Minus turnovers, we score 50-60 points and win comfortably.  And Shoop pulled his usual "I'll get them figured out at halftime" routine.  Defense largely shut them down in the 2nd half until near the end of regulation, when the injuries piled up and they got tired.  Maybe if they had gotten an extra stop or two in the first half, it might've been a better result.  But still, it all came down to turnovers and injuries today.

Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 05:44:12 EDT »

I thought DeBord called a good game from the start. I wish Shoop hadn't gone conservative on TAMU's last possession of regulation, but that turned out not to matter. Besides, Shoop gets a boatload of credit for his guys keeping TAMU's offense at bay until they just ran out of gas late in the fourth quarter.

I have absolutely no complaints about coaching today. The only thing I can honestly say that I would've done differently is I would've gone for two and the win after our final touchdown of regulation. However, Jones was making the call that 98% of other coaches in America would have made. The only reason I say go for two is because we only had 4.5 feet to win the game after the TAMU penalty, and our defense was completely gassed.

However, I will say this about whether this loss can be blamed on coaching: We entered today's game with 15 fumbles in five games. That's an average of three per game. We had been fortunate to get almost all of them back, but that was going to catch up to us sooner or later. Unfortunately, a season's worth of it all caught up with us in one game. If you watched TAMU, it was obvious that Chavis was coaching his guys to rip at the football. He watched the film and realized our guys have difficulties with ball control. IMO, we aren't paying enough attention in practice to ball control, and that cost us dearly today.

Aside from that, though, this coaching staff is selling me a little more every week. I love the fight and the mentality of this football team. Like you, I was disappointed to lose but I couldn't completely say I was mad, either. I was just proud. There are no moral victories when you're ranked in the Top 10 and are in the national championship hunt, but I couldn't walk away from this one disappointed after the effort those kids in orange and white put into this game.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 05:14:59 EDT »

People keep asking why we start so slow on offense.

The last three games, offense has been moving the ball. We had 148 yards of offense in the first quarter.

BUT...fumbles.  recall thtat we fumbled twice against uga in first half and had two ints against florida late in the game.

Agree with Creek...we need to correct the stupid tos.. offense not starting slow...just turning it over!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 05:16:43 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: