VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 12:48:16 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, my wife is mad at me because I am being non-talkative tonight  (Read 6363 times)
10EC
« on: August 02, 2012, 05:28:36 EDT »

In one evening, she backed into a tree and then 30 minutes later backed into a car at Wal-Mart WITH MY CAR.....

I'm...... A bit frustrated.  I have not been vocal, I am stewing.
VOLveeta
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 05:44:37 EDT »

Kumbayah my Lord, Kumbayah............ Kumbayah my Lord, Kumbayah..............

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 06:00:54 EDT »

accidents happen, let it go. Be glad she, or someone else, wasn't hurt.

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 02:21:27 EDT »

You need to get her a backup camera.  I told my wife I was going to get her one. It was only a few months after she backed her car into a ditch and did considerable damage that she backed into someone at Walmart. Just a few days after that, she bumped into a car at Huddle House. When she went by the State Farm office with a copy of the report from the Huddle House accident, the agent saw her walking in and said, "That's okay, ma'am, we already have your accident processed." She had to say, "Um, no, this is a new one." 
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 03:03:05 EDT »

My truck is a stick shift which my wife cannot drive. Admittedly she doesn't do well with automatics either.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 03:30:14 EDT »

In one evening, she backed into a tree and then 30 minutes later backed into a car at Wal-Mart WITH MY CAR.....

I don't why you are stewing ......its your fault.       
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 03:36:39 EDT »

She gave birth to your children! Shut up and say "thank you".   
10EC
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 04:26:11 EDT »

She gave birth to your children! Shut up and say "thank you".   

I get that... I really do... but in our 20 years of marriage she has had AT LEAST 20 ( I am not kiddinging)backing up accidents where she just hits the gas without looking backwards.  Telephone polls, cars, trees, concrete pillars and her favorite... mailboxes.  Her next car will have the camera and warning bells, but dang, at some point.... it isn't funny anymore.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 04:31:40 EDT »

I get that... I really do... but in our 20 years of marriage she has had AT LEAST 20 ( I am not kiddinging)backing up accidents where she just hits the gas without looking backwards.  Telephone polls, cars, trees, concrete pillars and her favorite... mailboxes.  Her next car will have the camera and warning bells, but dang, at some point.... it isn't funny anymore.

20 backing up accidents????

My wife has done that once in the 20 years we've been together.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 04:31:43 EDT »

I have the camera and warning bells but it was hard to get used to.  I would think by now you would know not to let her drive your car.
10EC
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 04:40:28 EDT »

20 backing up accidents????

My wife has done that once in the 20 years we've been together.

Yes, at least.  I gave up fixing dings on her van at 120,000 miles (now has 210,000).  I realize I will total my car driving home tonight for saying this, but her driving is the worst I have ever seen. 

I drill the children regularly on buckling up the moment they get in the car.

If she were my kid, I would take the keys away... but, well, you know... not that easy to get the message across.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 06:07:17 EDT »

My Dad emphasized two things about driving: Don't back up more than you need to. And don't drive around with your head up your ass.

I'll let you decide which of these to tell your wife. 
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 06:12:13 EDT »

My wife has actually had two backing up accidents, but the one where she hit another car didn't cause any damage and was partly because the other car wasn't watching.

I have had more accidents in my time than she has but I haven't had a real one in a long time, knock on wood. Actually I did have a funny one last year at the UT - Buffalo game where I pulled into a parking lot up in the Fort that was on a steep slope and my big foot got caught between the gas and brake... I jerked forward and knocked down a fencepost and a sign. No damage though.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 06:17:53 EDT »

My Dad emphasized two things about driving: Don't back up more than you need to. And don't drive around with your head up your ass.

I'll let you decide which of these to tell your wife. 

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, 03:19:04 EDT »

10EC,

Just be happy it is only backing bumps. On Friday, July 20 while on my way to CVS to fill my wife's prescription after getting home from her latest operation (9th in past year), I got T-boned in my Maxima. I cracked my collar bone (gotta wear a sling 30 days), bruised my entire left side, a rib, and my chest. Got hit in the side of my head in ear with side curtain air bag that made my head ring like a bell for 2 hours. After my wife called her nephew to come to emergency room to get me (she could not drive for 24 hours), when she realized I was banged up, but not hurt, she said I was lucky I got hit in the head because it could not knock me any sillier than I am already. I love that woman. Car will be in repair shop until the end of August.

Last Saturday I went to Lowes to get a replacement doorbell chime. Ours was starting to sound like a buzzer, not a bell. While stopped for a car to back out, a pick-up backed into the rear bumper on my commuter car, a Sentra, but it only scrapped 4 dime-sized areas of paint off. No dents or scratches. Just missing paint.

Then Tuesday morning I got up to go to work and the garage door opener would not work. After wrestling the door up with one good arm, I dragged the step ladder out to check the opener motor. The damn thing was partially unplugged and not properly seated. Cursed.  Cursed. That is how I feel as related to automobiles.

Why the long tale? It is only a car.  I know, I know. It was your car. But with her track record, it should not be a surprise. Count her lucky stars it is only minor damage. And you did not have to go to the hospital to pick her up.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 06:51:44 EDT »

ok...20 is a bit much. I am just glad she hasn't hit someone yet

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 02:53:27 EDT »

Lol. Funny! ;-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: