VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 02:42:44 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One observation...I think we have to let Dobbs run more  (Read 3093 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2016, 05:30:16 EDT »

Or he has to choose to, whichever.   Our ground game seems to do better when he scrambles more.  I guess we will see how it goes in the future.

At least we have 10 days to recover from this steaming pile of shizzle.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 05:34:55 EDT »

I think they were being VERY vanilla on offense.  And they were clearly protecting Dobbs (though with our OL's performance, he probably would've been safer running it more).  And it almost cost us the game.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 07:03:45 EDT »

I think they were being VERY vanilla on offense.  And they were clearly protecting Dobbs (though with our OL's performance, he probably would've been safer running it more).  And it almost cost us the game.

yep

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 07:07:20 EDT »

Dobbs brain kicks in when he's on the run......When he's in the pocket he's Worley without the arm.
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 04:28:08 EDT »

Dobbs brain kicks in when he's on the run......When he's in the pocket he's Worley without the arm.

That's a fact!  Couldn't have said it any better!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 09:23:02 EDT »

Since when did Worley have an arm?

Oh...I see what you did there. But come on, he has more of an arm than Worley no matter what.   

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 01:46:22 EDT »

Since when did Worley have an arm?

Oh...I see what you did there. But come on, he has more of an arm than Worley no matter what.   

Worley had a pretty good arm and was pretty accurate. Have you forgotten the OL he was playing behind? Worley wasn't pitiful......Dobbs is pitiful in the pocket.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2016, 04:29:10 EDT »

Worley had a pretty good arm and was pretty accurate. Have you forgotten the OL he was playing behind? Worley wasn't pitiful......Dobbs is pitiful in the pocket.

Actually I defended worley quite a bit. He was also pretty accurate.  But generally "have an arm" means 'throw it on a line".  

I didn't see too many of those from worley.  
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 03:42:27 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2016, 02:43:30 EDT »

If Dobbs isn't running, he has little value at QB. He's not a dual threat guy. He's a runner who passes about as well as many option QBs in the 80s.

Were our OL not a sieve, we might be able to get away with this. However,  it's atrocious again, and Dobbs being a threat to keep it freezes defenders.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: