VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 11:14:29 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Da'Rick Rogers  (Read 9391 times)
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2013, 02:34:03 EDT »

I heard on Doc, Jeff, and Heather this morning that the Bills cut Da'Rick Rogers yesterday. What a shame, all the physical ability in the world but nothing between the ears. I guess the lesson is do your job in school, get your education, learn how to read defenses and most of all keep your mouth shut and quit the off the field antics. I really thought he'd have a really good chance at doing some real good things as a professional ball player. I thought he was better than Hunter myself.
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 03:54:50 EDT »

I read some of the Bills beat writers and it was his attitude that did him in.  The beat writers were saying he would walk back to the huddle while everyone else that was fighting for a roster spot was sprinting back to the huddle.

Hate to say it, but some people with all the physical gifts just don't get it. IF someone told me to keep clean for 3 or 4 years and have a great attitude and I would get paid a huge sum of money, I think I could do that!
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 04:03:51 EDT »

And once again an idiot wastes his talent because.......he's an idiot.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 04:04:08 EDT »

People with that kind of physical ability are rare enough as it is.  But players with a good head on their shoulders AND the physical tools are even more rare.  It's a shame but it's his own fault.  Did Kiffin recruit him, or was that Dooleys first class?
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 04:23:45 EDT »

People with that kind of physical ability are rare enough as it is.  But players with a good head on their shoulders AND the physical tools are even more rare.  It's a shame but it's his own fault.  Did Kiffin recruit him, or was that Dooleys first class?

I think we all knew he was a head case. He was a Dooley recruit. A package deal with Nash Nance.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 05:38:42 EDT »

I think we all knew he was a head case. He was a Dooley recruit. A package deal with Nash Nance.

Ah, that's right.
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 12:04:32 EDT »

I think that last truly great UT player that had the brains and the brawn was Jason Witten, but that's just my opinion

11B4PJ3F7
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 02:08:50 EDT »

I think that last truly great UT player that had the brains and the brawn was Jason Witten, but that's just my opinion

In recent memory, he's definitely one of the top ones in that category.  Jerod Mayo always struck me as a good dude with a ton of talent, too.
Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 02:53:50 EDT »

Y'all need to lay off muh dawg. 

This statement sure looks foolish now, eh: "Tell the Bills fans they got the steal of the draft."

The fact that Dooley allowed us to lose a good receivers coach over that jerk still peeves me.
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 04:39:46 EDT »

The fact that Dooley allowed us to lose a good receivers coach over that jerk still peeves me.

Who was the receivers coach anyway I can't remember?
Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 04:51:58 EDT »

Charlie Baggett.
101stDad
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 06:48:24 EDT »

Charlie Baggett.

He's an excellent driver.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 02:59:02 EDT »

I wouldnt say his career is over by any means.  He could get picked up later this season or next or spend a year in europe whatever. But this definitely makes it tougher. I personally was not sorry to see him go but I wish him nothing but luck.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
101stDad
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 04:53:07 EDT »

I wouldnt say his career is over by any means.  He could get picked up later this season or next or spend a year in europe whatever. But this definitely makes it tougher. I personally was not sorry to see him go but I wish him nothing but luck.

NFL Europe is no more.  Other than and NFL practice squad and arena football, there isn't much option for players who don't make an NFL roster any longer.

Happy to see Lee Smith make the Bills squad again.  He's a guy who has really turned his life around and become a good NFL tight end. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2013, 02:09:10 EDT »

NFL Europe is no more.  Other than and NFL practice squad and arena football, there isn't much option for players who don't make an NFL roster any longer.

Happy to see Lee Smith make the Bills squad again.  He's a guy who has really turned his life around and become a good NFL tight end. 

It's not NFL, but Canadian league is still relatively popular up there isn't it?
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 02:45:27 EDT »

If Da'Rick doesn't get picked up by another NFL team, my fantasy team is RUINED!!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2013, 02:58:15 EDT »

If Da'Rick doesn't get picked up by another NFL team, my fantasy team is RUINED!!

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2013, 03:14:13 EDT »

Yeah I see him in Canada. However, he still needs to have the right attitude, or he won't make it there either.

101stDad
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 04:13:26 EDT »

It's not NFL, but Canadian league is still relatively popular up there isn't it?

Yep, the CFL is an option, but there are limits on the numbers of Americans that each team can carry and the pay isn't exactly stellar.  Most CFL players don't earn more than $60K to $120K (QBs and long time veterans make more, in the $150K to $250K range), and after taxes that have to be paid both in Canada and the US and living expenses American players really don't come out with much.  Last I read "rookies" only make about $35K. 

Plus the CFL season is about a third of the way through by the time the NFL players cut after training camp are available, so it is the next season before they can really catch on with a CFL team. 
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 05:18:19 EDT »

Da'Rick was on the dumb-ass path before he ever got to UT. Now he's reaping the results. Good luck to him. He blew the chance with his natural talents, now he rely on luck.

I'm sorry, I have no sympathy for stupidity.
Creek Walker
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 05:22:36 EDT »

I cannot bring myself to feel sorry for him. He brought this on himself. Reports are that in the Bills' training camp, the rest of the players would be running back to the huddle and Rogers would be walking. He obviously grew up with someone always telling him how great he was.

He played a key role in destroying the UT locker room 2 years ago (figuratively, of course). And our dumb coach kept giving him opportunity after opportunity. One of the players told me that when Dooley used to jump on to him in practice and give him instructions, he'd say "F*** you, Dooley," and go on about his business.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 05:34:01 EDT »

One of the players told me that when Dooley used to jump on to him in practice and give him instructions, he'd say "F*** you, Dooley," and go on about his business.

See, he hasnt coached a single down at TN but if I were a gambling man I would bet the house that this would NOT happen under Butch's watch for many reasons.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 06:07:28 EDT »

Da'Rick was on the dumb-ass path before he ever got to UT. Now he's reaping the results. Good luck to him. He blew the chance with his natural talents, now he rely on luck.

I'm sorry, I have no sympathy for stupidity.

lol @"dumbass path"   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: