VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 09:42:23 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Manziel is a complete arrogant arse!!!.....  (Read 5221 times)
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2013, 10:18:30 EDT »

What an a-hole! Just got an unsportsman penalty for gloating over a couple of Rice players after a TD. He has the bighead and i really have come to hate the guy. After he was thrown out if the Manning camp for sleeping in i started to see a picture of a guy who thinks his butt dont stink.

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 10:29:46 EDT »

I concur. 
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 11:17:49 EDT »

What an a-hole! Just got an unsportsman penalty for gloating over a couple of Rice players after a TD. He has the bighead and i really have come to hate the guy. After he was thrown out if the Manning camp for sleeping in i started to see a picture of a guy who thinks his butt dont stink.
sleeping in with a head feeling about the size of Neyland

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 11:35:43 EDT »

What a jerk. I hope all the defenses are gunning for him.
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 06:11:30 EDT »

I think he is showing up the NCAA with that money gesture after TD's. little punk obviously is guilty but gets off due to his status. Really hope he gets the karma that is due to him and soon this season.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 04:45:10 EDT »

I now repeat what my high school basketball coach told us after we got soundly beat by a trash talking show-off team.

"It ain't bragging if you can back it up. If you want to shut the other team up, stop them. If you are not good enough to even slow them down, don't get mad when he goes by you.  It is your job to get good enough to make them work for it.
If I see you act like that, you will be sitting next to me. How another coach lets his team act is not my concern and it shouldn't be you concern either."

He taught us life is not fair and people can be jerks.  And that sports is just a game. We also made it to District finals that year.  Lost to this team again, but we shut them up.

What Johnny Football does, does not bother me. It ain't bragging if you can back it up. Until someone cleans his clock and another team shuts him up, he will continue.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 05:57:21 EDT »

In just a matter of months he has gone from one of the most well liked sports figures to one of the most disliked.

That's quite an accomplishment. 
73Volgrad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 08:03:52 EDT »

o Droner, it is not that unusual in America.  The Public almost always loves the underdog and roots for them to win.  Then almost as soon as they do, the Public turns on them and starts to call them ungrateful and undeserving (fill in the blank). When the Public is pulling for the underdog to win, they do not look at or overlook the warts and shortcomings. This is just human nature for the fickle short-attention span masses out there.

In the big picture, who gives a rat's patootie!!  He is a great (or bad) role model because you can show kids how not to act.  That is more more important.
Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 08:08:02 EDT »

o Droner, it is not that unusual in America.  The Public almost always loves the underdog and roots for them to win.  Then almost as soon as they do, the Public turns on them and starts to call them ungrateful and undeserving (fill in the blank). When the Public is pulling for the underdog to win, they do not look at or overlook the warts and shortcomings. This is just human nature for the fickle short-attention span masses out there.

In the big picture, who gives a rat's patootie!!  He is a great (or bad) role model because you can show kids how not to act.  That is more more important.

Please. Manziel has brought every bit of this on himself. If Manziel doesn't act like a jackass the entire offseason, he's still one of the most popular athletes in the game right now.
VOLveeta
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 08:15:20 EDT »

Hmm... I have a feeling he's gonna eat some major humble pie on Sept. 14.  Payback's a bitch.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 08:16:29 EDT »

Something else to remember: Sumlin doesn't let freshmen talk to the media.  We all loved him last season mainly because we didn't know him.  When he accepted the Heisman, that was the first time he ever spoke publicly.  And it just went downhill from there.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2013, 08:18:13 EDT »

Hmm... I have a feeling he's gonna eat some major humble pie on Sept. 14.  Payback's a bitch.

We were talking about this yesterday, and decided that the best possible scenario is that bammer knocks his punk ass out of the game, but A&M wins anyway.

VOLveeta
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2013, 08:20:17 EDT »

We were talking about this yesterday, and decided that the best possible scenario is that bammer knocks his punk ass out of the game, but A&M wins anyway.

That would be lovely.   
73Volgrad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2013, 09:23:34 EDT »

Creek, I never said he did cause his own troubles. The problem is people are disappointed when others do not live up to their expectations. Should he be humble? Yes. Is he a punk? Yes. Does it really matter? No.

I have the expectation that most people will act like an arse when good things happen to them. The majority of people in the public eye act like jerks at least one time, usually more.  I just am not disappointed or offended by Johnny Football. I could care less.
Creek Walker
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2013, 09:37:47 EDT »

I could care less.

Obviously you care a little bit or you wouldn't be defending him. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: