VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 04:52:50 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: From 2007, Peyton on SNL.*  (Read 1424 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2013, 05:38:15 EDT »

`
VOLveeta
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 05:53:43 EDT »

I was at the show that night.  Then at the after party, he joined us at our table and we became best buddies.   

In all seriousness, I went to that Superbowl and then had to go to NYC the week of his appearance.  I asked him when he sat right next to me, "So Peyton, I've always wanted to ask... the first play against Alabama... the Joey Kent TD... was that a called play or did you check into it?"  He laughed and said, "you remember that?  That was 12 years ago!"  I said, "hell yes!"  He said, "It was a called play.  We figured a quick ten yards across the middle but I back up and the Alabama defense opens up like a Georgia Whore and TOUCHDOWN TENNESSEE!!!"

He was awesome.  We asked a bunch of stuff and every time he'd start with, "Okay, here's what happened" real excited.  He's the man!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 06:00:59 EDT »

I was at the show that night.  Then at the after party, he joined us at our table and we became best buddies.   

In all seriousness, I went to that Superbowl and then had to go to NYC the week of his appearance.  I asked him when he sat right next to me, "So Peyton, I've always wanted to ask... the first play against Alabama... the Joey Kent TD... was that a called play or did you check into it?"  He laughed and said, "you remember that?  That was 12 years ago!"  I said, "hell yes!"  He said, "It was a called play.  We figured a quick ten yards across the middle but I back up and the Alabama defense opens up like a Georgia Whore and TOUCHDOWN TENNESSEE!!!"

He was awesome.  We asked a bunch of stuff and every time he'd start with, "Okay, here's what happened" real excited.  He's the man!

Still one of the coolest stories I've read on VTTW.  Chillin' at the after party with Peyton getting to just ask stuff like "what went on during this play?"  Just awesome.
VOLveeta
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 06:38:11 EDT »

I'm just really lucky to have friends who are way more successful than me.  Fortunately in the case of SNL both friends are UT grads.  One of the girls at the table asked him about the fake handoff to Littleman Stewart from the two yard line (I was impressed by that gal), the one where only Peyton knew about it.  He said that one day during practice, Coach Fulmer pulled him aside and said, in that situation, if you look at me and I point at you, you keep the ball.  So... Fulmer pointed to him.  But once again, before he even got into it, he prefaced with... "Okay, here's what happened"... real excited like.  He was like a kid.  I think it made him happy to reminisce about UT after the big Superbowl and to be around some real UT grads.  He was very gracious.  My Peyton SNL autographed pic is sitting on my dresser as I type this.  :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: