VTTW Board Index
May 12, 2024, 04:55:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I know most don't like Marshall Henderson  (Read 4674 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2013, 05:16:59 EDT »

But I was happy to see Ole Miss beat Wisconsin, even if it hurt my bracket.  I can't stand to watch Wisconsin play...slow, grinding, BORING-ASS style of basketball that's almost painful to watch, lol.

Then they also have a 12 game win streak on Indiana, who I like.

Finally, although I am not an "SEC guy", after all the crap the conference has taken with only 3 NCAA bids, I am glad to see at least one team do well. 

I know the SEC was down, but still think we should have had four teams.  The MWC definitely didn't deserve five, based on their (lack of) performance so far.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 05:22:06 EDT »

I had Ole Miss to win that one! Henderson doesn't bother me. He is just emulating all the other thugs. MWC has flopped! Hell I had New Mexico in final four lol
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 05:32:21 EDT »

But I was happy to see Ole Miss beat Wisconsin, even if it hurt my bracket.  I can't stand to watch Wisconsin play...slow, grinding, BORING-ASS style of basketball that's almost painful to watch, lol.

Then they also have a 12 game win streak on Indiana, who I like.

Finally, although I am not an "SEC guy", after all the crap the conference has taken with only 3 NCAA bids, I am glad to see at least one team do well. 

I know the SEC was down, but still think we should have had four teams.  The MWC definitely didn't deserve five, based on their (lack of) performance so far.

I prefer the old style,pass the ball five times before taking a shot. That's more of a team game than everyone taking a shot or dunk.

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 06:34:47 EDT »

I've become a Mid Major fan....love they way those 2 and 3 stars play the game....Smart, fundamental BB...It's amazing that all these mid-majors have the guards that we dream of having.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 07:27:19 EDT »

I still say that speaking in terms of only his on the court antics, if he played for TN we'd love it.  Now, obviously there's a lot of baggage he brings outside of bball and obviously I'm no fan of that.

I do find myself enjoying watching Ole Miss's style of play.  I can't say I'm rooting against them.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 08:47:29 EDT »

I still say that speaking in terms of only his on the court antics, if he played for TN we'd love it.  Now, obviously there's a lot of baggage he brings outside of bball and obviously I'm no fan of that.

I agree with this.  The off-court stuff is inexcusable.  As for the on-court stuff, the only thing I have seen is the youtube of him popping his jersey at the Auburn student section.  Which to me, is not that big a deal.   

The only game I have seen him play is yesterday, so I probably missed some other stuff he did.  He doesn't bother me at all from what I have seen on-court though.

I mean, Haynesworth ran around inside of South Carolina's stadium waving a huge Tennessee flag in their faces after we beat them, and I thought that was funny as hell, lol.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 09:21:50 EDT »

Fandom has a way of blinding us, so I might be wrong . . . but I detested Tony Harris when he played here so I'm pretty comfortable saying I wouldn't like Henderson either. It's too bad; he would be fun to watch if he wasn't such an ass.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 10:13:20 EDT »

Henderson is a douche. And no, I wouldn't like him or excuse his behavior, on the court or off, if he played for Tennessee.

I've often criticized our own players for their antics on the field or court. So my opinion isn't colored by fandom or sour grapes.

He's a douche. A big one.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 11:30:15 EDT »

Henderson is a douche. And no, I wouldn't like him or excuse his behavior, on the court or off, if he played for Tennessee.

I've often criticized our own players for their antics on the field or court. So my opinion isn't colored by fandom or sour grapes.

this, period. Dot

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 12:56:45 EDT »

Other than the fact that he's nowhere close to being a lottery pick, Henderson has "Len Bias" written all over him.  He's a punk who has deliberately surrounded himself with enablers.  I would wager that he won't be around to see age 25.  And if he is, it will be from behind bars.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 04:16:31 EDT »

I'm sure he is, I haven't seen him play much to have an opinion about the on-court stuff one way or the other.

Quasi EVol
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 08:17:17 EDT »

Star.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 02:42:21 EDT »

I hope Lasalle beats Ole Miss,They're leading so far

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: