VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 07:37:31 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LSU vs Chavis case..wow!  (Read 3439 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2015, 09:13:28 EST »

http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/14317691-128/lsu-admits-to-altering-john-chavis-contract-judge-rules-for-coach-to-turn-over-phone-records
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 09:36:50 EST »

And they call UT corrupt. That is bad.

volsboyinsodak
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 11:33:08 EST »

Sure we changed wording on the contract after you signed it to favor us and not you. But who doesn't do that in Louisiana. It is still a legal and binding document because we want it to be one.

And lawyers wonder why people call them the scum of the earth when they do unethical things like this and claim "What is the problem? I know we altered the contract after signatures, but it is still legal and binds him." Especially after we changed the wording to reduce the payout if we fired him.

My Momma told me when I was in 7th grade she would be proud of me no matter what I did when I grew up as long as it was not a thief or a lawyer.

I asked "What is the difference?" trying to be funny.

She said "The lawyer just hadn't been caught yet." She was being serious because she fought with lawyers for 1 year each after my father and step-father died in car accidents. She hated lawyers.
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 11:45:00 EST »

Sure we changed wording on the contract after you signed it to favor us and not you. But who doesn't do that in Louisiana. It is still a legal and binding document because we want it to be one.

And lawyers wonder why people call them the scum of the earth when they do unethical things like this and claim "What is the problem? I know we altered the contract after signatures, but it is still legal and binds him." Especially after we changed the wording to reduce the payout if we fired him.

My Momma told me when I was in 7th grade she would be proud of me no matter what I did when I grew up as long as it was not a thief or a lawyer.

She said "The lawyer just hadn't been caught yet." She was being serious because she fought with lawyers for 1 year each after my father and step-father died in car accidents. She hated lawyers.

Clearly all lawyers are tainted because of this single incident at LSU. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 01:17:38 EST »

Well, I hope they're really, really committed to Les Miles.  Because if they fire him any time soon, good luck finding a decent replacement to come and work for that bunch.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 01:18:43 EST »

Reading through to the end, they finally get around to describing the language changed.  It was modified to state 'first day of...' or 'last day of...' months vs. the more generic "months" that were called out in the contract.  Sounds pretty harmless, but given that part of the lawsuit involves the exact date he LSU it might actually matter.   
Reading all the way through it, it doesn't seem the language changed affected things much.  Although part of the lawsuit is whether Chavis left before Jan 31 or not, so if

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 01:46:31 EST »

Well, I hope they're really, really committed to Les Miles.  Because if they fire him any time soon, good luck finding a decent replacement to come and work for that bunch.

If I am Les I leave on my own

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: