VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 12:56:42 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Thread: UGA 2022  (Read 5714 times)
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2022, 12:29:26 EDT »

Snap the goddam ball!!! Set. Snap!
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2022, 12:32:32 EDT »

You cannot audible & have extended snap counts in loud environments. Happens all the time.
wtkvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2022, 12:33:16 EDT »

Snap the goddam ball!!! Set. Snap!

Would better to just go on the snap
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2022, 12:33:30 EDT »

Bru missed a big catch on that last series.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2022, 12:35:47 EDT »

Would better to just go on the snap

Can't hear extended count.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 12:38:08 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2022, 12:39:24 EDT »

Hooker has missed both Hyatt and Bru on TD passes.  In the Hyatt case, maybe just in the red zone, the guy could have made the tackle maybe.

But close to having two long TD passes and only down 7.  That's how it goes sometimes.

Need  a TD on this drive to recover some confidence.  Then onside kick.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2022, 12:49:50 EDT »

Well we scored a TD
IT STOPPED RAINI G

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2022, 12:50:40 EDT »

Hooker’s worst game of they year. The other was Pitt. The common denominator was pressure.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2022, 12:53:47 EDT »

Hooker’s worst game if they year. The other was Pitt. The common denominator was pressure.

Right. Should we not have rolled him out some? Is that not part of his game? It was apparent at 14-3 what we were doing wasn't going to work.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2022, 01:00:45 EDT »

well poop

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 06, 2022, 01:01:13 EDT »

Hooker was hurt on the sack

Probably ok

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 06, 2022, 01:01:50 EDT »

You can't take a sack. Just throw it. Even if they intercept it, so what? Throw it straight up into the air and let them fight over it.

But you can't take a sack. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2022, 01:02:47 EDT »

Hooker’s worst game of they year. The other was Pitt. The common denominator was pressure.

All the talking heads and film experts have stated that the key to stopping Tennessee is to pressure Hooker

bammer's mistake was being arrogant enough to think they could do it with just their front 4.  They only blitzed 5 times.  Uga blitzed roughly every other play.

In spite of which, Hooker missed wide open guys way down the field three times. In fairness, on one of those he got hit.

Anyway, let's rub some dirt on it and move on.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2022, 01:04:41 EDT »

The Vol offense would but 70 on the Vol D

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 06, 2022, 01:14:13 EDT »

Vols need to win and not spiral. Can't wait to see how we snap back. Don't spiral against Mizzou.

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #115 on: November 06, 2022, 01:16:47 EDT »

The Vol offense would but 70 on the Vol D

UGA's offense is ranked #2 in the country, behind UT, and scored 27 today. Vols defense got burned some early, but settled in and played well enough to win. It's time to give those guys some credit.
10EC
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 06, 2022, 01:19:03 EDT »

UGA's offense is ranked #2 in the country, behind UT, and scored 27 today. Vols defense got burned some early, but settled in and played well enough to win. It's time to give those guys some credit.

WADR, UGA went into clock burning mode.  The could have scored a ton more. 
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 06, 2022, 01:19:13 EDT »

Agree Creek. This game could have been 50-3 or something. Proud they didn't fold.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #118 on: November 06, 2022, 01:19:21 EDT »

You can't take a sack. Just throw it. Even if they intercept it, so what? Throw it straight up into the air and let them fight over it.

But you can't take a sack. 

Held the ball too long in the end zone, and several other times. Had just scrambled for 1st down & threw the very I'll advised pass to Tillman. I'm a little shocked they seemingly had no plan B. Oh well. If you had asked me if I'm thought we'd be 8-1 after today the answer would have been no.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 06, 2022, 01:20:19 EDT »

Yes. they did slow them down some.

volsboyinsodak
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2022, 01:21:01 EDT »

Vols need to win and not spiral. Can't wait to see how we snap back. Don't spiral against Mizzou.

UT won't lose to Mizzura at home dipshizzle.
Creek Walker
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2022, 01:27:42 EDT »

WADR, UGA went into clock burning mode.  The could have scored a ton more. 

Take away the two Bennett throws that our DBs got burned on early, and the missed sack on Bennett's 3rd and long TD scramble, and this game looks much, much different.

Ifs and buts and merry Christmases and all that; UGA was clearly the better team today. But our defense is leaps and bounds better than it was against Florida early in the season and doesn't get enough credit for the improvements that have been made. We have a lot of deficiencies on that side of the ball. But I've said in the past that I'm not sure Tim Banks is the guy we need at DC if we're going to return to true national prominence, and he's slowly changing my mind.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2022, 01:32:41 EDT »

Take away the two Bennett throws that our DBs got burned on early, and the missed sack on Bennett's 3rd and long TD scramble, and this game looks much, much different.

Ifs and buts and merry Christmases and all that; UGA was clearly the better team today. But our defense is leaps and bounds better than it was against Florida early in the season and doesn't get enough credit for the improvements that have been made. We have a lot of deficiencies on that side of the ball. But I've said in the past that I'm not sure Tim Banks is the guy we need at DC if we're going to return to true national prominence, and he's slowly changing my mind.

agree...our D has improved week to week.  Hope they continue to do so.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2022, 01:13:01 EST »

I think our defense has improved. Having said that, UGA was very vanilla in the second half imo.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2022, 01:14:15 EST »

Right. Should we not have rolled him out some? Is that not part of his game? It was apparent at 14-3 what we were doing wasn't going to work.
To me Hooker doesn’t look really comfortable thrown from out of the pocket. Maybe I’m not remembering some throws that he’s made on the move, but I don’t recall any.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: