VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 05:34:59 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Thread: UGA 2022  (Read 5725 times)
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2022, 01:19:56 EST »

To me Hooker doesn’t look really comfortable thrown from out of the pocket. Maybe I’m not remembering some throws that he’s made on the move, but I don’t recall any.

Right, but instead he stood there and looked like a statute over & over & over again. I hate it when a coach or player get set in "their" style. Oh well. There is a reason for I'm on the couch & the coaches are coaching.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2022, 01:24:21 EST »

Right, but instead he stood there and looked like a statute over & over & over again. I hate it when a coach or player get set in "their" style. Oh well. There is a reason for I'm on the couch & the coaches are coaching.
I’m no football coach either. That’s certain. I just wonder if they lack confidence in his ability to throw on the move/put it the pocket. I certainly don’t remember seeing it very much. If they do, there’s likely a reason for it?  🤷🏼‍♂️
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2022, 02:22:45 EST »

Hooker is not all that throwing on the move...95% of the time if he moves he's running. I've never understood why he takes the snap at the 4-5 yard mark and never drops in order to step up and throw.....Standing flatfooted and not stepping into throws can make it sail which he has a habit of doing.... He just stands there...stands there on a spot and throws. It works if his short pocket is clean but like today...it was far from it. Just a odd technique.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2022, 02:27:37 EST »

Hooker is not all that throwing on the move...95% of the time if he moves he's running. I've never understood why he takes the snap at the 4-5 yard mark and never drops in order to step up and throw.....Standing flatfooted and not stepping into throws can make it sail which he has a habit of doing.... He just stands there...stands there on a spot and throws. It works if his short pocket is clean but like today...it was far from it. Just a odd technique.
Agree completely.

With the push that the UGA D line was getting, they were in his face really quickly tonight.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2022, 06:59:28 EST »

Agree completely.

With the push that the UGA D line was getting, they were in his face really quickly tonight.

In the SEC show this morning, Tebow pointed out that the uga DL has been getting a nice push all season and picked the dawgs accordingly.  Unfortunately he was right 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: