VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 12:30:40 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Thread: Austin Peay 2023  (Read 3125 times)
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2023, 03:02:25 EDT »

Is it accurate older guys caused this debacle, and also will profit from it since young'uns won't get PT? Obviously this isn't intentional, but the lack of valuable snaps for developing players seems to be tonight's worst loss.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2023, 03:17:09 EDT »

Wow. AP was beat badly by Southern Ill last week 49-23. Does this make you feel that the Vols are ranked a little high for now.

Not me. Some of their better years they've barely beaten inferior teams. Win next week & it's on. Lose & that ain't good. Milton is from Florida. I like bounce back games on my card   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2023, 03:29:55 EDT »

A&M's about to lose to Miami again. Jimbo is still the most overrated coach in America, if anyone was wondering.

Most overpaid, beyond the shadow of a doubt 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2023, 04:20:15 EDT »

Is it accurate older guys caused this debacle, and also will profit from it since young'uns won't get PT? Obviously this isn't intentional, but the lack of valuable snaps for developing players seems to be tonight's worst loss.

The real loss here is that we missed out on at least two full quarters of those clowns in the broadcast booth attempting to pronounce "Iamaleava".

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2023, 04:22:31 EDT »

The real loss here is that we missed out on at least two full quarters of those clowns in the broadcast booth attempting to pronounce "Iamaleava".

That was pitiful. That guy said that he even practiced it all week.

I think that was the D team of SEC broadcasters. They weren't that bad. But they weren't that good, either.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2023, 04:23:45 EDT »

Right! They left me totally confused 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2023, 04:26:40 EDT »

That was pitiful. That guy said that he even practiced it all week.

I think that was the D team of SEC broadcasters. They weren't that bad. But they weren't that good, either.

I don't think these ESPN+ crews are even employed by ESPN. I think they're contracted out by the game. When our game was delayed, I watched a few minutes of the UK game, and those guys were even worse.

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2023, 04:52:17 EDT »

I REALLY hate to complain about the refs in a game like this, but...damn.

They're calling every marginal hold on us and letting outright tackles by them go unflagged.

Don?t get me wrong we played God awful yesterday, but that really was some of the worst officiating I have ever seen. The most inconsistent I have ever seen. I was thinking the same thing-they were tackling our defenders with no flags and we get jonesed with Ticky tack holding calls. The PI disparity was even worse.  It would not surprise me if the screw was paid off by gamblers. And I realize that is a freaking wacky comment, but what else would explain that shizzle?

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2023, 05:26:29 EDT »

Don?t get me wrong we played God awful yesterday, but that really was some of the worst officiating I have ever seen. The most inconsistent I have ever seen. I was thinking the same thing-they were tackling our defenders with no flags and we get jonesed with Ticky tack holding calls. The PI disparity was even worse.  It would not surprise me if the screw was paid off by gamblers. And I realize that is a freaking wacky comment, but what else would explain that shizzle?
I try really hard to stay away from giving officials a tough time. I?ve done some officiating in the distant past and it?s not nearly as easy a task as some people think. On top of that, they are humans and make mistakes.

Having said that, the crew last night was abysmally bad. It really makes me wonder how so much could be missed so badly.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2023, 09:23:07 EDT »

I try really hard to stay away from giving officials a tough time. I?ve done some officiating in the distant past and it?s not nearly as easy a task as some people think. On top of that, they are humans and make mistakes.

Having said that, the crew last night was abysmally bad. It really makes me wonder how so much could be missed so badly.

Doesn't the home team typically get the calls in a game like that? SEC vs. FCS? I remember wondering if we had a Vanderbilt or Alabama grad in the referee crew lol. They even reviewed a call and still made a shizzlety decision. Crazy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: