VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 10:11:14 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My friends...I apologize for preaching yesterday......  (Read 2307 times)
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2013, 05:56:37 EST »

I guess I got worked up while reading some truly idiotic comments on other boards, calling for the entire staff to be fired....and i took it out on you guys. I do believe that this staff needs more than a season to teach their system and recruit better talent that fits their system. I also believe that hiring a new OC or DC would set us back even farther. I believe that this staff has a track record of success with their system and need several years to get us back. I think we are on the right track and we are right where most thought we would be at this point. Before the season, most if us had Missouri penciled in ad a win but they turned out way better than we thought. I also think that blunderbilt will probably beat us...."cough! gag!"

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 06:02:51 EST »

I guess I got worked up while reading some truly idiotic comments on other boards, calling for the entire staff to be fired....and i took it out on you guys. I do believe that this staff needs more than a season to teach their system and recruit better talent that fits their system. I also believe that hiring a new OC or DC would set us back even farther. I believe that this staff has a track record of success with their system and need several years to get us back. I think we are on the right track and we are right where most thought we would be at this point. Before the season, most if us had Missouri penciled in ad a win but they turned out way better than we thought. I also think that blunderbilt will probably beat us...."cough! gag!"

I agree 100% with you!    It's too early...anybody that expected us to win more than 5 (likely) or 6 (less likely) games this year had completely ridiculous expectations....especially with our schedule!   I'm with Butch!  Brick by brick!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 06:20:50 EST »

VFL here
VOLveeta
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 06:26:07 EST »

Hey, I wasn't necessarily on the edge of the cliff but I was walking toward it yesterday... but I was and remain 100% behind Butch.  We can't let this silly sport make us so emotional.  Look at the Philippines right now and we all should realize we put WAY too much emphasis on the ridiculous territorial "we win" pride of sports.  This board is the best because it's made up of a bunch of good folks with some sanity.  Let Butch be the stone mason and we'll be the mortar.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 09:14:33 EST »

I wasn't offended in the slightest. I'll worry if you start posting like a crazed reactionary, e.g. me.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 10:43:10 EST »

I never was offended.  There are always two sides to an argument.  Calling for a DC to be fired at the end of the season based on a few games...well there were some who didn't like Wilcox and we got Sunseri.  There were some who didn't like Cutcliffe and we got Clawson.

Replacing a coordinator in midstream can be tricky, to say the least.  I am sure it works...sometimes.  There hasn't been a great record of success with it at UT lately, and if Butch WERE to fire Jancek the team would then have it's FOURTH DC in four years.   

But if BUTCH decided to make a change, I would be okay with it.  If he doesn't, I am okay with that also.   

I think it's pretty unlikely though.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: