VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 06:19:33 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Just Thought This Was Funny ....  (Read 3924 times)
IvoryTusk
Special Teamer

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2012, 01:16:42 EDT »

I hope TRO doesn't ban me for an Alabama / political post - but I thought it was funny enough to risk it 

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 02:50:40 EDT »

Sabana didn't inherit anything resembling a mess. Shula recruited pretty well. CDD inherited a much bigger mess

IvoryTusk
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 03:14:08 EDT »

LOL!  Well, in my opinion then, going 4-9 in 2003, 6-6 in 2004, 10-2 in 2005 only to be followed by going 6-7 the next year in 2006 - WITH four consecutive losses to Auburn thrown in for good measure ..... and the players to whom Shula had given too much latitude (and hence the attitudes Saban inherited) .... is what I'd call inheriting a mess.  But that's just me 
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 04:43:18 EDT »

LOL!  Well, in my opinion then, going 4-9 in 2003, 6-6 in 2004, 10-2 in 2005 only to be followed by going 6-7 the next year in 2006 - WITH four consecutive losses to Auburn thrown in for good measure ..... and the players to whom Shula had given too much latitude (and hence the attitudes Saban inherited) .... is what I'd call inheriting a mess.  But that's just me 

Did someone come in after Shula for one year and dump you during recruiting season, and recruit a class that had about 2 players worth a damn? Bama's situation wasn't close to Tenn's situation when Dooley took over, with a team that had something like 65 scholarship players.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 05:14:49 EDT »

The issues bama had were extremely small compared to what dooley inherited. 
IvoryTusk
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 05:48:04 EDT »

Hey folks - I agree that Kiffin left the place a mess - I really wasn't trying to compare Bama's mess to that of UT.  It was more of a political post, given the rhetoric recently about what the President has, or hasn't done in the last four years.  I just thought it was funny.  Saban took a team still wobbly from probation, and undercoached, and turned it around dramatically.  Wish the same could be said of the current economic environment.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 07:00:44 EDT »

That would not be seen as funny on any Vol board. Only from bama perspective. Sorry.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 07:37:07 EDT »

I thought it was funny but my caption would be "I'm a liar too" (for the record...I think all politicians are liars).  I posted this on Facebook when I saw it and Nerdsly pointed out that Savant is rocking the 6" lifts. 
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 07:43:15 EDT »

I thought it was funny but my caption would be "I'm a liar too" (for the record...I think all politicians are liars).  I posted this on Facebook when I saw it and Nerdsly pointed out that Savant is rocking the 6" lifts. 

Good caption!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: