VTTW Board Index
May 14, 2024, 04:20:35 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has there ever been an established, NC coach?  (Read 552 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2023, 04:42:58 EDT »

?who has fallen so far, so fast as Dabo without scandal or age being a factor? I can?t think of one. I can think of some that won a title early in their careers with someone else?s players and then fell off (Frank Solich, Larry Coker, Gene Chizick). But Dabo basically built a dynasty from the ground up. He?s still relatively young. He SHOULD be able to coach at Clemson (or another elite program, or the NFL) for another decade if not TWO decades. But it?s clearly over for him, unless he adjusts to the modern CFB landscape. His stubborn refusal to play the portal game. His refusal to allow CU commits to take other visits, and insistence that they shut their recruitment down once they commit. He?s working with one hand tied behind his back, and it?s all his own doing.

What a shame.

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2023, 05:04:53 EDT »

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2023, 05:54:16 EDT »

I think we can pump the brakes a bit. It's just one season.

Having said that, his idiocy in not using the portal and apparent dependence on departed staff would not seem to bode well for the future.

My take. Although I hate bama so much I rooted for Clemson in the playoffs as an alt, with our rennaissance there is no longer a need to do that, and we xan keep our recruits in state and maybe even steal a few from SC.

So good riddance Clemson! Go back to being a slightly ahead of the pack ACC team. 😁

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2023, 03:47:56 EDT »

Assuming you guys saw this?  The guy has lost it.  

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/dabo-swinney-caller-radio-show-angry-audio-01he1nxgdph

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2023, 04:09:24 EDT »

Yeah, that was the impetus for my post. And the crazy thing is, Dabo?s not wrong. But I?ve never seen a coach anywhere personally call out the fans like that and live to tell about it. We?ve seen it a time or two in Knoxville. It probably won?t happen this year, but his days at Clemson are numbered.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2023, 11:28:19 EDT »

I can't believe the screeners/producers let Tyler go on that long.

Vol calls would've cut him off in about 2 seconds.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2023, 06:18:00 EDT »

Finebaum was joking yesterday that he wanted to get the caller on his show through the portal 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: