VTTW Board Index
May 13, 2024, 12:56:24 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Banks dismissed from the team after video  (Read 3078 times)
BlueRidgeVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2019, 12:01:14 EDT »

https://www.wvlt.tv/content/news/UT-Jeremy-Banks-off-team--562196711.html?fbclid=IwAR2iP2sdvjk_Vy59rj9ENi6XslvNcjGxOYGjrnQXOEBhCUloOSc_B1tBlB0
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 01:10:54 EDT »

That video has been out all week.....Something more to it than that. Banks is under the 4 game limit to redshirt and have 3 years left. I'm betting he winds up at Memphis....Just guessing.
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 01:15:24 EDT »

Oh well.. Good riddance,next man up!
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 01:16:52 EDT »

He be thuggin' ...........

Can't threaten women in this day and time.  Presidents, men, law enforcement - you can threaten them until  the cows come home.  But not women. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 01:39:06 EDT »

All this went national and I'm sure that didn't help. I saw it on TV on Fox 2 days ago.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2019, 03:11:58 EDT »

I knew there had to be more to the story....and there is

https://www.tmz.com/2019/10/04/jeremy-banks-tennessee-violent-threats-video/
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2019, 05:10:17 EDT »

It's  a shame, but he really should know better 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2019, 06:24:46 EDT »

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2019, 05:30:17 EDT »

I think Pruitt made the right call and in a timely manner.  up till the TMZ deal and the story went national, I was OK with giving him a chance.  But the stupid stuff in that video and the exposure to it just can't be tolerated. 

Creek Walker
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2019, 07:18:49 EDT »

I think Pruitt made the right call and in a timely manner.  up till the TMZ deal and the story went national, I was OK with giving him a chance.  But the stupid stuff in that video and the exposure to it just can't be tolerated. 

It was the right call and I agree with you...I thought he deserved a second chance, until the additional info was publicized. I don't agree that Pruitt handled it in a timely manner. According to TMZ, its reporters contacted UTPD, and within minutes after UTPD issued a statement, Pruitt announced that Banks was being dismissed from the team. If Pruitt knew about the video (and it's almost impossible to believe he didn't), Banks should've already been sent packing. If the video was damning enough to warrant his dismissal, it warranted it regardless of whether the public knew about it. instead, Banks was only dismissed because TMZ was set to make it public. I know this is common practice with college sports programs, but I think it's pretty despicable.

Of course some will say I'm only critical of Pruitt in this instance because I have been critical of his coaching. But that has nothing to do with it. Right is right and wrong is wrong, whether the team is winning or losing.
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2019, 07:20:23 EDT »

Yep, We don't need or want an attitude or mentality like that. It is a cancer to the program. Go back to Memphis,you have all the time you want to act a thug now.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2019, 10:10:41 EDT »

Yep, We don't need or want an attitude or mentality like that. It is a cancer to the program. Go back to Memphis,you have all the time you want to act a thug now.

He's not the only player we have with that make up. It's prevalent in big time college football across the board.

Go Army - Beat Navy!
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2019, 11:01:03 EDT »

He's not the only player we have with that make up. It's prevalent in big time college football across the board.

Indeed & the NFL. All the more reason to back away as think we've all been doing.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2019, 12:50:14 EDT »

It was the right call and I agree with you...I thought he deserved a second chance, until the additional info was publicized. I don't agree that Pruitt handled it in a timely manner. According to TMZ, its reporters contacted UTPD, and within minutes after UTPD issued a statement, Pruitt announced that Banks was being dismissed from the team. If Pruitt knew about the video (and it's almost impossible to believe he didn't), Banks should've already been sent packing. If the video was damning enough to warrant his dismissal, it warranted it regardless of whether the public knew about it. instead, Banks was only dismissed because TMZ was set to make it public. I know this is common practice with college sports programs, but I think it's pretty despicable.

Of course some will say I'm only critical of Pruitt in this instance because I have been critical of his coaching. But that has nothing to do with it. Right is right and wrong is wrong, whether the team is winning or losing.

I don't find it unlikely Pruitt had not seen the video. I don't have any idea if he saw it or not.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: