VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 11:35:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breaking Bad= best TV show ever  (Read 9317 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2012, 04:50:56 EDT »

I'm still aghast at last night's episode.   

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 04:58:20 EDT »

I'm still aghast at last night's episode.   

I'm watching it tonight. I'll avoid this thread now in case there are spoilers.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 05:43:28 EDT »

That's one hardcore tv show that's for sure

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 06:23:52 EDT »

I really didn't know where they could take the show creatively after last season.  I mean, if they wanted to end the series after "Face Off", they could have, and their audience would've been satisfied.  But they've taken it into even darker places this year.  Through seven episodes, this season has been the best yet (and that's saying a lot).  I can't believe there's only one more episode until next year.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 07:54:07 EDT »

Better than Dexter?

I have never watched BB but it's in my Netflix queue.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 08:07:08 EDT »

Better than Dexter?

I have never watched BB but it's in my Netflix queue.

Yes.  By a country mile.  And I love Dexter.  Before this season, Lost was my favorite show ever.  But I think BB has now surpassed it.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 08:22:59 EDT »

Yes.  By a country mile.  And I love Dexter.  Before this season, Lost was my favorite show ever.  But I think BB has now surpassed it.

I think Lost was, for the most part, the best written and best conceived show I've ever seen. I haven't quite finished it. But the complexity of the plot and storyline is the best writing I've ever seen. That being said, Dexter is my favorite TV show ever. I think you and I have similar taste so this just accentuates my thought that I need to watch Breaking Bad.

Also, did you watch "Homeland" last year? I thought the first season of Homeland was better than last season of Dexter.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 08:47:23 EDT »

I think Lost was, for the most part, the best written and best conceived show I've ever seen. I haven't quite finished it. But the complexity of the plot and storyline is the best writing I've ever seen. That being said, Dexter is my favorite TV show ever. I think you and I have similar taste so this just accentuates my thought that I need to watch Breaking Bad.

Also, did you watch "Homeland" last year? I thought the first season of Homeland was better than last season of Dexter.

Yes, I watched Homeland and liked it a lot.  I don't get Showtime, so I have to get it and Dexter through alternative means. 

To be honest, I thought the last two seasons of Dexter weren't up to the standards of the ones that came before.  But the cliffhanger in the last episode left me eager to see what happens next. 

MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 10:39:02 EDT »

Yes, I watched Homeland and liked it a lot.  I don't get Showtime, so I have to get it and Dexter through alternative means. 

To be honest, I thought the last two seasons of Dexter weren't up to the standards of the ones that came before.  But the cliffhanger in the last episode left me eager to see what happens next. 

Man, you guys must be smart, as you like the same shows as me.  Breaking Bad is my favorite show ever, more than Lost.  Dexter is also in my top three, though I still cannot fathom how any sane guy would be attracted to Deb. I guess that means Quinn is not sane.  I can't wait to see what happens to Walt at the end of the series, though.  I am guessing he goes down in a huge blaze of glory.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 10:48:30 EDT »

Man, you guys must be smart, as you like the same shows as me.  Breaking Bad is my favorite show ever, more than Lost.  Dexter is also in my top three, though I still cannot fathom how any sane guy would be attracted to Deb. I guess that means Quinn is not sane.  I can't wait to see what happens to Walt at the end of the series, though.  I am guessing he goes down in a huge blaze of glory.

Oh yeah.  Walt is one step away from getting this installed in his living room:

Orange Rampage
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 01:12:21 EDT »

Agree on Breaking Bad. Dexter is a great show, but BB is in a class all it's own. I didn't realize what a great actor Bryan Cranston was until this show. If you compare his characters on Malcolm in the Middle and BB it is very apparent how good he is. Not to take anything away from the supporting cast. It is a well written and well acted show from top to bottom in my opinion. (I would be very interested in VolVeeta's take on this fwiw)

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 01:59:02 EDT »

I watched BB a couple times.  I thought, this #badword# is a drug dealer.  Someone should shoot him.  Then I turned the channel.  But to each their own.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Orange Rampage
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 02:14:26 EDT »

I watched BB a couple times.  I thought, this #badword# is a drug dealer.  Someone should shoot him.  Then I turned the channel.  But to each their own.   

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 02:51:11 EDT »

Two new shows coming this season that sound interesting to me are Last Resort and Revolution.  But those plotlines sound WAY too complex for network TV.  So even if they're good, they probably won't last long.  I'm beginning to think that the broadcast networks should just concentrate on reality and sitcoms, and leave the dramas to AMC, FX, HBO, and Showtime.

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 03:55:48 EDT »

I wouldn't call Walter the protagonist. It's not, to me, about the "good guy" being a drug dealer. It's a psychological puzzle on what drives this man to do what he does. I started out liking Walter and sympathizing with him, but his persona has developed into something dark and complex.

On a related note, I was a bit disappointed that the writers had Walter spell it out in too much detail to Jesse an episode or two ago.  On the whole, though, BB is an excellent example of how tv shows should be written.
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 04:51:50 EDT »

I wouldn't call Walter the protagonist. It's not, to me, about the "good guy" being a drug dealer. It's a psychological puzzle on what drives this man to do what he does. I started out liking Walter and sympathizing with him, but his persona has developed into something dark and complex.

On a related note, I was a bit disappointed that the writers had Walter spell it out in too much detail to Jesse an episode or two ago.  On the whole, though, BB is an excellent example of how tv shows should be written.

Yes, very good show and well written.  You gotta problem with that, bitch?

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 04:53:54 EDT »

Yes, very good show and well written.  You gotta problem with that, bitch?

Magnets, bitch!

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 05:01:29 EDT »

Magnets, bitch!

I read where the original plan was to Kill Jesse off after the first season, but the chemistry between him and Walter was just too good.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 05:40:10 EDT »

I read where the original plan was to Kill Jesse off after the first season, but the chemistry between him and Walter was just too good.

I hadn't heard that, but that would've sucked.  I'm still pissed about Mike.  He had become my favorite character.

Along those same lines, JJ Abrams once said that the original plan for Lost was to kill off Jack in the pilot episode.  Can you imagine? 

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 07:04:45 EDT »

I hadn't heard that, but that would've sucked.  I'm still pissed about Mike.  He had become my favorite character.

Along those same lines, JJ Abrams once said that the original plan for Lost was to kill off Jack in the pilot episode.  Can you imagine? 

Yup, Mike was a bad@$$ character. I'll miss him. My wife predicts a some hanky panky between Jesse and Skyler. We'll see, I guess.

Lost without Jack? Can't imagine.
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 08:29:45 EDT »

MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 10:20:57 EDT »

Yup, Mike was a bad@$$ character. I'll miss him. My wife predicts a some hanky panky between Jesse and Skyler. We'll see, I guess.

Lost without Jack? Can't imagine.

Jesse and Skyler?!?! Well, that would be one way to off Jesse.  If Walt found out about that, Jesse is doomed to end up in a barrel full of acid.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2012, 12:41:12 EDT »

Jesse and Skyler?!?! Well, that would be one way to off Jesse.  If Walt found out about that, Jesse is doomed to end up in a barrel full of acid.

I don't think they'll hook up or anything.  But will they get together to somehow escape/overthrow/kill Walt?  I can see that.

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2012, 01:05:50 EDT »

I don't think they'll hook up or anything.  But will they get together to somehow escape/overthrow/kill Walt?  I can see that.

The "vamanos" exchange between the two of them got me thinking of some sort of alliance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: