VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 08:05:08 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: South Caroline deserves to be dropped way down the top 20 list and  (Read 2391 times)
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2012, 04:14:16 EDT »

looked to me to be very over rated...if we stay healthy I think they should move to the very winnable column for us. I think they can forget the SECE championship, I see them losing to Ga, and possibly us and Fla. I relish seeing Spurrier having to struggle without the plethora of superior athletes.
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 04:21:28 EDT »

looked to me to be very over rated...if we stay healthy I think they should move to the very winnable column for us. I think they can forget the SECE championship, I see them losing to Ga, and possibly us and Fla. I relish seeing Spurrier having to struggle without the plethora of superior athletes.

You get all that out of a 1st game performance?  I don't think they are the best in the SECE, but I think they will certainly be in the running for 2nd best.  And they have pretty good athletes.  Assuming Lattimore stays healthy, they will have a pretty good year, IMO.  I don't think they can beat UGA, but SoS has surprised us before.  I wouldn't count them out based on last night.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 05:24:33 EDT »

Neither team looked good and if carolina had played a team that could have stopped the run they would have lost. Their passing game sucked bigtime last night. I expect they will improve but they will need to.
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 05:27:07 EDT »

slower and very tentative about cutting and contact. Shaw isn't going to beat anyone with his arm alone and the WRs are very short. The defense struggled with Vandy's VERY one dimensional and untalented offense. It could be a case of not being inspired to play but they better hope they play MUCH better in subsequent games or they can forget the SECE aspirations.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 06:03:24 EDT »

I thought they looked disinterested in playing. The thing that got me was the defensive line looked gassed at times.

slower and very tentative about cutting and contact. Shaw isn't going to beat anyone with his arm alone and the WRs are very short. The defense struggled with Vandy's VERY one dimensional and untalented offense. It could be a case of not being inspired to play but they better hope they play MUCH better in subsequent games or they can forget the SECE aspirations.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 01:31:07 EDT »

You get all that out of a 1st game performance?  I don't think they are the best in the SECE, but I think they will certainly be in the running for 2nd best.  And they have pretty good athletes.  Assuming Lattimore stays healthy, they will have a pretty good year, IMO.  I don't think they can beat UGA, but SoS has surprised us before.  I wouldn't count them out based on last night.

Lattimore is about all they got.  Their QB gets props for being tough, but he is a mediocre passer at best.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: