VTTW Board Index
May 27, 2024, 01:47:29 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This basketball team will fight you  (Read 3075 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2016, 11:56:12 EST »

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 12:14:48 EST »

Troof. 

I just wish Barnes would hit the recruting trail a little harder.  Love to see what they could do with some better talent.

Go Army - Beat Navy!
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 12:46:47 EST »

Turner is not a point guard. Hurt us against UNC down the stretch and I thought the same today. We need Bone back to run things so we can use Turner as a spot up shooter - which is his strength I think. Still, Barnes has to use what he has.

Also needed Fulkerson today I thought.

This team may finish 13th in the SEC, but I'm gonna be really surprised if they do. I'm actually looking forward to watching them work through their SEC schedule.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 01:09:45 EST »

Play hard and fight...just need to win one of these games. Heard Bone might be back next week. If we can get a couple of bigs we will be a tourney team next year.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 01:43:02 EST »

Play hard and fight...just need to win one of these games. Heard Bone might be back next week. If we can get a couple of bigs we will be a tourney team next year.

Hearing Bone will start practicing early in this coming week. 

Agree on some bigs.  Don't be 5 stars - just need to be solid SEC level post players. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 03:33:30 EST »

ZAGS prove you don't have to have one and done players to be damn good. Get good players...coach-em.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 04:15:29 EST »

ZAGS prove you don't have to have one and done players to be damn good. Get good players...coach-em.

There's actually an even better example: Your defending national champs and current #1 ranked Villanova Wildcats.

Hoops recruiting rankings aren't as readily available as they are for football.  But none of their five recruiting classes that composed last season's title team ranked in Scout's top 25 (which is as far as they go in their rankings).  They got a bit of a bounce in the '16 and '17 classes, where they rank(ed) 19 and 20, respectively.  Still, they're hardly giving UK and Duke and run for their money on the recruiting trail.

Hopefully, by the time all our freshmen are juniors and seniors, they'll be able to go toe to toe with Cal's one and done guys.  But it's probably not happening this year.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 04:17:12 EST by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2016, 04:29:50 EST »

Hopefully, by the time all our freshmen are juniors and seniors, they'll be able to go toe to toe with Cal's one and done guys.  But it's probably not happening this year.

Maybe not, but there hasn't been a team they haven't gone toe to toe with so far. I'm not calling for an upset, by any means...just saying I'm never counting these guys out. Sooner or later, they're going to win one of these games against a team they have no business even being on the floor with.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 04:32:11 EST »

Maybe not, but there hasn't been a team they haven't gone toe to toe with so far. I'm not calling for an upset, by any means...just saying I'm never counting these guys out. Sooner or later, they're going to win one of these games against a team they have no business even being on the floor with.

Well, maybe.  But now that we're about to get into SEC play, there's really only one of those teams left on the schedule.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: