VTTW Board Index
May 08, 2024, 06:09:15 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I loved our running game, but  (Read 3157 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2012, 05:38:47 EDT »

1.  About a third of the yards were on one play by Coderelle.  Yes, that counts, but he's not a tailback.
2.  Many of our yards were to the outside. We won't do that on a SEC team.  Lane did get some inside yards in the second half, but this needs work.
3.  NC State is probably one of the weakest run D's in the country, or at any rate one of the weakest we will face this season.  I will be impressed if we do nearly as well against UF.  Their D is likely to be stout this year.

Don't get me wrong, I am really happy with the way we ran the ball.  I just want to see us do it to an SEC team.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 05:40:31 EDT »

1.  About a third of the yards were on one play by Coderelle.  Yes, that counts, but he's not a tailback.
2.  Many of our yards were to the outside. We won't do that on a SEC team.  Lane did get some inside yards in the second half, but this needs work.
3.  NC State is probably one of the weakest run D's in the country, or at any rate one of the weakest we will face this season.  I will be impressed if we do nearly as well against UF.  Their D is likely to be stout this year.

Don't get me wrong, I am really happy with the way we ran the ball.  I just want to see us do it to an SEC team.

Well we blocked better and that is first game.  One thing to note is that the CP run was very well blocked DOWNFIELD and that did not happen last year....HESITAND who??????????

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 05:41:46 EDT »

Well we blocked better and that is first game.  One thing to note is that the CP run was very well blocked DOWNFIELD and that did not happen last year....HESITAND who??????????

Yeah, it's very encouraging.  I hope they continue to work hard on the running game and improve as the season goes by.  We are going to need it in SEC games.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 05:47:32 EDT »

Line play clearly better, we still need a back to hit the hole with authority and show more vision.  Long way to go, but line play is definitely.encouraging.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
Jean Voljean
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 05:52:43 EDT »

even hit?  Didn't look like many to me.
Orange Rampage
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 08:21:44 EDT »

It may be wishful thinking, but it seemed to me that Jay Graham has had an effect on the RBs and there appears to be a purpose and attack plan. Haven't really gone back and watched, but last night got the distinctive feeling that we were finally running "downhill"

Of course then I came here and remembered that I have no clue what I saw. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 08:32:59 EDT »

It may be wishful thinking, but it seemed to me that Jay Graham has had an effect on the RBs and there appears to be a purpose and attack plan. Haven't really gone back and watched, but last night got the distinctive feeling that we were finally running "downhill"

Of course then I came here and remembered that I have no clue what I saw. 

I am very impressed with Graham and glad we have him.  No doubt our running game is improved, but this was only one game vs. a weak rush d.

Orange Rampage
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 08:42:19 EDT »

I am very impressed with Graham and glad we have him.  No doubt our running game is improved, but this was only one game vs. a weak rush d.

Wasn't implying otherwise. Just observing that there are people that know and notice things in the game that I don't.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: