VTTW Board Index
May 08, 2024, 10:08:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just got through watching the replay on ESPN3.....  (Read 1176 times)
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2012, 09:51:29 EDT »

(I didn't get to watch the original broadcast and was lucky enough to make it home with no knowledge of what happened  ).

CP had a great debut, and I like his demeanor. No big, wild celebrations and demonstrative gestures, just flip the ball to the ref and go celebrate with your teammates. Looks like he's got a good head on his shoulders. Maybe we won't miss Da'Rick that much.
Bray looked very sharp, and as Andre Ware noted, he smartly threw the ball away in a couple of situations instread of trying to force it in.
Hunter came on in the second half, but had a couple of drops and a bad decision to give ground that turned a 9 yard gain into a 5 yard gain and therefore made a one yard to go into a 5 yard to go situation (I can't remember if it was a 2nd or third down).
OL had great pass protection, but the run game was very spotty. Although the total yardage was good, two runs (CP's end around and Lane's 41 yard sprint) accounted for over half of the rushing yards. But it's hard to tell if it was all the blocking's fault or the back's (especially Neal) trying to break it outside too much. I think Lane is a better between the tackles runner.
As I said in response to PV's Game Report the D really looked confused early in the game. I think the scheme is a good one and I think the D will get better as the season goes along and the players get more used to it. Not that the D totally sucked tonight but there were too many busts that might have been related to confusion.

Overall, happy with the win. The team looks like it has definitely shaken off last year. THe real test comes in two weeks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: