VTTW Board Index
May 08, 2024, 07:59:59 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CP made some big plays but  (Read 2274 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2012, 02:46:59 EDT »

He still spent a lot of time confused on where to lineup and what route to run.  On one key 3rd down conversion he was pulled late in favor of Dallas who ran off the corner to allow the RB to due a mini wheel behind him for a 1st down.  CP is going to be a very, very good player but he isn't "there" yet on knowledge of the offense.

They were doubling Hunter most of the 1st half and leaving Amerson singled up on the short side receiver.  In the 2nd half they went to a more traditional 2/3 deep zone and Bray just picked them apart on crossing routes, often waiting for a receiver to go through 2-3 zones before to throw.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 02:50:46 EDT »

He still spent a lot of time confused on where to lineup and what route to run.  On one key 3rd down conversion he was pulled late in favor of Dallas who ran off the corner to allow the RB to due a mini wheel behind him for a 1st down.  CP is going to be a very, very good player but he isn't "there" yet on knowledge of the offense.

They were doubling Hunter most of the 1st half and leaving Amerson singled up on the short side receiver.  In the 2nd half they went to a more traditional 2/3 deep zone and Bray just picked them apart on crossing routes, often waiting for a receiver to go through 2-3 zones before to throw.

The protection that allowed him the time to do this . . . outstanding. I still hope to see more improvement in run blocking but they kept Tyler pretty clean last night.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 03:14:48 EDT »

The protection that allowed him the time to do this . . . outstanding. I still hope to see more improvement in run blocking but they kept Tyler pretty clean last night.
Interestingly we played our backup receivers as a group for several series last night.  Carter made his catch on a nice route adjustment when Bray was flushed right Carter broke off his route and came back HARD towards Bray to get the catch and the corner had no chance.  Later, the first string didn't do the same and led to an incompletion (both Hunter and Zack were open (Hunter had beaten Amerson) but both failed to recognize that Bray needed help.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Catty Tiger
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 04:28:55 EDT »

Great first game.  I was a little concerned with 10 or so minutes left with the score 35-21 (I think), but y'all took care of it.   

Go Vols & War Eagle!
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 04:43:22 EDT »

Great first game.  I was a little concerned with 10 or so minutes left with the score 35-21 (I think), but y'all took care of it.   

Go Vols & War Eagle!

Good luck against Clemson. Make it a 2-0 SEC sweep in the Dome!!! 
Catty Tiger
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 04:52:20 EDT »

From your fingers....  I think we have a really good chance.  Even without playing a game, I like our new coaches much better - especially Van Gorder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: