VTTW Board Index
May 08, 2024, 01:20:13 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: About deliberately picking on an All American cornerback.  (Read 3065 times)
Jean Voljean
Starter

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2012, 05:35:28 EDT »

Pirate pointed out that the coaches must have seen something exploitable about Amerson.  Watching the game do any of you know what it was?

Given his 13 interceptions my speculation would be that maybe he looks for the pick too much rather than just doing good coverage.  Killed by greed, as it were.

He didn't look that fast in the run by Patterson, but other than that I didn't see a speed issue.

What did you see?
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 05:40:12 EDT »

Pirate pointed out that the coaches must have seen something exploitable about Amerson.  Watching the game do any of you know what it was?

Given his 13 interceptions my speculation would be that maybe he looks for the pick too much rather than just doing good coverage.  Killed by greed, as it were.

He didn't look that fast in the run by Patterson, but other than that I didn't see a speed issue.

What did you see?

Looked like He was a step slow and overrated

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 06:01:38 EDT »

It's looking like those 13 interceptions came in practice against NCst. 2nd string offense.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 06:59:43 EDT »

Austin smoked him on that deep ball. He plays in the ACC for a reason.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 07:51:58 EDT »

He wasn't out of position on the two td's he just got outran by Patterson and Rogers. 
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 08:27:12 EDT »

That Rogers catch has to be the toughest catch to make. He was turned to his left, had to turn back and caught it coming over his head. And it looked like he caught it about waist-low.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 09:24:49 EDT »

What did you see?
In the first half he typically gave a significant cushion (see CP's first catch) but he seemed really slow to transition to running with the receiver.  He was beat two other times - 1 when Hunter blew by him but Tyler was flushed and couldn't get him the ball and one other play.  Their scheme in the first half was to isolate him on the short side and double Hunter and you saw the result.

IMO he is a step slow to play corner in the SEC and didn't seem to have the good corner skills that matched the AA designation.  Teague flat out played him. 

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Quasi EVol
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 10:35:47 EDT »

From the State-Tennessee game thread, "Amerson has down graded to 'All Canadian'!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: