VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 09:20:55 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My mother in law was watching a BB game with the Lady Vols...question...  (Read 1845 times)
UGADawginVA
Walk-On

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2012, 07:50:08 EST »

How far progressed is the dementia with Pat? I thought she was still coaching and her assistants were doing most of it?

Will this be her last year? I had no idea how much it has progressed with Pat. Very, very sad.

Any updates would be appreciated.

Thanks.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 08:00:01 EST »

I don't think any of us know the answers to your questions.  They're not releasing much of any info, but yes... It is very sad.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 12:29:14 EST »

JMO, but I would be shocked if Pat does not retire after the season.  For anyone to believe that she can function at any level to coach is just not in touch with reality. Yes, she is a legend.  Yes this is a terrible thing to happen.  But she is horribly sick and has no right to continue in a position of such responsibility with the university.  Do I want to see Pat go?  No.  But if she does not leave on her own. UT will be within their rights by the contract of relieving her of her duties.  She needs to step down.  She is not going to beat this.  She is never going to get better no matter how much you wish or pray.  This dementia has affected my family and my wife's. It is time to move on to a new coach next season rather than later.  This is just my opinion.  I have seen that look on Pat's face and those expressions on loved ones.  No medicine and no doctor can help her.  She needs to retire after the last game to live out what little time she has left in touch with this world.
CrossVol
Starter

Peyton in 2012!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 01:07:12 EST »

How far progressed is the dementia with Pat? I thought she was still coaching and her assistants were doing most of it?

Will this be her last year? I had no idea how much it has progressed with Pat. Very, very sad.

Any updates would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Pat will retire when she decides it is time.  She made the program.  She has the right to decide when it is time.  I have no doubt she will do the right thing.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: