VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 03:40:26 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let me ask yall something and I am not trying to be a smartass here...  (Read 2502 times)
UGADawginVA
Walk-On

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2017, 05:57:40 EST »

but after running Schiano out of town using the Penn St thing as a cover for not wanting him as a coach, wanting your AD fired, and just getting fried in the national media for how all of this was handled...What A list coach would come to Knoxville?

Yall sure did screw the pooch here.

You cant fire your AD now because that would look even worse.

How do yall think you get the outcome you want in this situation? I sure hope you do...I am sure the SEC offices want you to do the same.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 06:45:16 EST »

Well things don't look great that's for sure. BUT let me remind you that your last two coaches were assistants, I think Jumbo Fisher was when fsu hired him, and same with Dabo Swinney. So we're in a pickle but I don't think Schiano was a good fit. The AD screwed the pooch. Not the fans.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 07:16:41 EST »

You should read our boards more often in order to know that Schiano was mentioned favorably before the 2016 deposition story came to light, at which point not one single fan viewed him as acceptable---and that was well before we learned that our AD had different views on acceptable.  Now, let me ask you something, would Kirby Smart have mentioned Schiano's  association with Penn State in recruiting?

but after running Schiano out of town using the Penn St thing as a cover for not wanting him as a coach, wanting your AD fired, and just getting fried in the national media for how all of this was handled...What A list coach would come to Knoxville?

How do yall think you get the outcome you want in this situation? I sure hope you do...I am sure the SEC offices want you to do the same.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 11:35:45 EST »

Question our motives all you want.  You're wrong, but go right ahead.  At the end of the day, whatever our motivation, we stood against child rape.  The national media (and you, apparently), did not.

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 12:43:01 EST »

short term, you have a point and UT does look like a bag of hammered dicks at the moment. I concede your point.

However, in the long term it would have had devastating effects allowing Schiano to take the helm. H. Meyer is a great coach, but has the serial killer tag over his head. Now OSU appears to have sold their souls for a couple of extra wins per season, not to mention that the Gators are cast in a shaded light because they swooned over him too when he allowed the inmate to run the asylum during his days in Gainesville. Remind me where Aaron Hernandez played his college days again?

I could care less about what other people think about UT. I would rather UT fall off of the face of the earth in terms of relevancy than to knowingly accept a man with a broken moral compass. Further, I'm all for removing anyone that endorsed hiring him as well. I won't trade my morals for a few wins

11B4PJ3F7
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 12:46:12 EST »

It's very clear you know absolutely nothing about the situation.  This is about more than Sciano, although that was bad enough.  It's about a puppet AD who's only reason for being here is because one booster family continues to do whatever shady deals it takes to keep their power.  It was exposed in a very public way on Sunday and the fan base finally said "No!".

Do some homework next time.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 03:05:16 EST »

It's very clear you know absolutely nothing about the situation.  This is about more than Sciano, although that was bad enough.  It's about a puppet AD who's only reason for being here is because one booster family continues to do whatever shady deals it takes to keep their power.  It was exposed in a very public way on Sunday and the fan base finally said "No!".

Do some homework next time.

Said "booster family" also happens to have a member who is the Governor of Tennessee.   Moving against that type of entrenched power is very difficult.  I think we are stuck with Jimmy and Bill not living up to their father's legacy of actually knowing something about football.

Hopefully they will back off and let Currie listen to other voices, hopefully Fulmer, Majors, and a few others.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: