VTTW Board Index
May 08, 2024, 08:05:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Article on the downfall of UF under Meyer flead from the swamp  (Read 1699 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2015, 09:13:31 EDT »

http://mudlizard.com/swamp/#2635765

Some lines should just never be forgotten.  So I will say it for BDV..."TOP 1% of 1%"!!!!  Of thugs, apparently.   

But the unrelenting drive that thrust the Gators into college football folklore proved unsustainable. A brilliant coach lost his fire. Fights once born of intense competition became sparked by contempt and disrespect. A culture of favoritism was perceived by many, and combined with myriad off-field issues, it slowly eroded the program's foundation.

The wheels began to come off in 2010, when Meyer had one foot out the door and a brash freshman class regularly clashed with upperclassmen. Muschamp, the former defensive coordinator at Texas, made strides in cleaning up the image of a program that endured more than 30 player arrests during Meyer's tenure, but Florida's reputation for high-octane offense fizzled on his watch.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 02:33:27 EDT »

Not a whole lot of new info there, other than the fact that there did seem to be some resentment of Tebow in their locker room.  No big suprise, though the media made it out to be all rainbows and unicorns between Timmy and his band of thugs.

BTW, wasn't Jeremy Fowler the same writer that herban publicly singled out as a "bad guy"?  I guess payback's a bitch.

What should go down as herban's lasting legacy at UF has been largely ignored, and I find it baffling.  In the police report of the 2007 shooting in Gainesville, an eyewitness was about finger Aaron Hernadez, but then recanted, coincidentally right after AH lawyer'd up.  It doesn't take a huge leap in logic to figure that guy was bought off.  That was the chance to convict AH, lock him up, and get him off the street.  Of course they didn't, and we all know what he would go on to do in the proceeding years. 

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9446754/mass-police-investigate-aaron-hernandez-possible-role-2007-gainesville-shooting-according-sources

IMO, those murders aren't just on AH, but also those who, in the name of winning football games, saw to it that justice WASN'T served back in 2007.  It amazes me that herban is still employed after that police report came out.  Actually, no.  No it doesn't.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: