VTTW Board Index
May 20, 2024, 03:17:01 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not much hasn't been said about this coaching job tonight  (Read 1787 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2015, 06:04:34 EDT »

But I'll add this. How the coaches and the team react to this game will show up next weekend. They can either have a total collapse, in which case I see about a 5-7 type year and Butch on an extreme hot seat next year..... or they can decide that the season's not over and they've only lost 2 games, both of which they should have won. The team and coaches need to realize we have enough good players to win. So Butch...here's what you do:

- Do not keep harping on how young this team is. FL just beat you with 3 true freshmen on their OL and a RS freshman QB because they were mentally tougher than you
- Be aggressive with the lead. Don't try to sit on leads.
- Be aggressive with defense. Don't play prevent on 4th and 15. He isn't going to run with the ball.
- Coach with some intelligence. The clock is ticking under 10 seconds, now is not the time to argue with officials. That last drive was Dooley=esque mismanagement. Maybe the players need to yell over the microphone at you.
- You have 5 star WRs. They are allowed to be used on offense. Use them.
- Stop declining penalties. You want to back them up ten yards instead of taking the down.

I think the team will rebound. The coaching staff is not doing their job on game day. Butch will have this year and next year to get it done. We can still have a respectable year, let's do that and build towards 2016, in which we will have a pretty experienced team. If you can't get it done in 2016, you will be gone.

VOLveeta
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 06:15:27 EDT »

Great post, as usual buddy.  After a little time with the young'un in the mancave and some calming... we're still Vols and that's a blessing.  There are so many great programs out there, all reaching for the ring.  Patience isn't a cop out, it's a necessity.  Our time will come and it will be glorious.  Pirate said it so well, these kids are the ones who are really suffering and we gotta stick by them!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 06:18:23 EDT by VOLveeta » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 06:22:38 EDT »

Good post nut.  Pretty much what I think.

These are two ugly and preventable losses, but there is time to right the ship.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: