VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 08:30:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OMG- Robin Williams dead...apparent suicide.*  (Read 2834 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2014, 01:18:15 EDT »

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 01:25:19 EDT »

Just stunned.  Mike Greenberg said it best... never met the man (Williams) in my life,  but it feels like I've just lost a close friend. 
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 01:28:09 EDT »

If you ever caught his episode of Inside the Actor's Studio his sketch with just an audience member's shawl is absolute pure comedic genius.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 05:02:58 EDT »

My heart aches for those that are in so much anguish that they believe that is the only way out. The survivors have so many emotions they have to deal with now. Prayers for them.

G
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 03:52:23 EDT »

This breaks my heart. He was a great guy and one of the best comedic talents around.

I cannot imagine what he must have been going through.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 06:34:08 EDT »

So sad. I am in tears. Great guy. I grew up with him starting with Happy Days on.... I hope this helps people who are struggling mentally, please get help. We all get off our game from time to time. Mental illness is not the same as crazy. How ironic that someone who has made so many people laugh is making so many people cry. He was the best comedian out there. No one could improvise like this man. I feel like a part of all America has died. Why is it that people with his kind of talent for making people laugh are the most tormented? Sometimes it just goes with the territory.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 07:15:23 EDT »

Unbelievable, but i heard years ago that he struggled quite a bit with drug addiction. 

It just goes to show, the flashy Hollywood lifestyle is not all it's cracked up to be.  He was definitely an A-lister. 

He will be missed.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: