VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 07:50:50 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ark's Otha Peters transferring out  (Read 1800 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2014, 10:04:58 EDT »

http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltext-news/d/story/hogs-lb-otha-peters-will-transfer/23117/ZiflMyJLSEe6c3V89TYKXA

Not posting because I think he's coming here, I just remember he's a guy we really wanted (and thought we were getting?) during his recruitment.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 11:37:01 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 04:26:57 EDT »

And as I recall, he was committed to us from pretty early on and then changed his mind and silently committed to Petrino, who told him not to publicly flip until right before signing day.  So I guess both of those guys got what they deserved when Bobby took his Harley out for that fateful ride.

He was to be the defensive jewel of Dooley's last full signing class, and would've been the highest rated LB that Dooley had ever signed.  By comparison, Butch landed two LBs that were rated higher just last year, and has one more committed this year.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 04:50:21 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 07:04:40 EDT »

And as I recall, he was committed to us from pretty early on and then changed his mind and silently committed to Petrino, who told him not to publicly flip until right before signing day.  So I guess both of those guys got what they deserved when Bobby took his Harley out for that fateful ride.

He was to be the defensive jewel of Dooley's last full signing class, and would've been the highest rated LB that Dooley had ever signed.  By comparison, Butch landed two LBs that were rated higher just last year, and has one more committed this year.

Things ARE getting better.   

My gut instinct is that we will struggle mightily the first half the season, and then close with a couple pleasant surprises and hopefully go to a bowl.  Which will be quite different from last year, when we declined quite a bit after Worley got hurt.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: