VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 07:46:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, Braves fans...........  (Read 3111 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2014, 06:08:46 EDT »

I think that they're done. 5 back in the division, only 1 ahead of the 3rd place Marlins. 2 1/2 games out of the wild card, tied for fourth with Cincinnati, and only one ahead of the Marlins..

I can't believe how anemic their hitting is. It's absolutely pathetic. And, they still have 2 games this week with the Dodgers, then 3 with Oakland and then they have to go to Pittsburgh and Cincinnati.

They might surprise me and go on some kind of winning streak. And the division is weak.

But I think they're done.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 06:21:05 EDT »

Yeah, I an right there with you.

Mid August and they are fading fast.  Just don't see them rebounding. 

Not saying that it is all his fault, but I have a feeling that it is time for Freddy Gonzalez to go.  He just doesn't seem to be able to push any right buttons. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 06:39:03 EDT »

We may look back and say that letting Michael Bourne walk was their biggest mistake since trading Adam Wainwright.  This team doesn't make contact, strikes out way too often, and has no one who can consistently get on base.  They desperately need a true leadoff hitter, but they can't afford one at the MLB level, and they don't have one coming up on the farm, either.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 07:06:49 EDT »

Yep.  I'd even take a Willie Mays Hayes as a leadoff guy right now.  Even he would be an upgrade. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 09:15:12 EDT »

Yep, I knew that record ERA from April wouldn't hold up long. Even if you shut them out you still gotta score 1 run to win. They do need a solid lead-off man. Has the lead-off position changed much over the years? Used to be a guy with high batting avg. and on-base percentage, with speed. Are there any protypical ones left? Everything changed in the late 90's. Everyone wants to hit home runs and make the big bucks. A lot of fundamental baseball strategy has been lost on the homer.

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 01:32:09 EDT »

If you need a coach most of us Cards fans will gladly give you Mike Matheny. Didn't like the hire when he was hired.....still don't.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 01:54:54 EDT »

If you need a coach most of us Cards fans will gladly give you Mike Matheny. Didn't like the hire when he was hired.....still don't.

Thanks, but I am hoping Terry Pendleton gets a shot if/when Freddy is let go. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 10:25:05 EDT »

Wonder how Chipper would be as a coach?

volsboyinsodak
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 11:06:13 EDT »

Wonder how Chipper would be as a coach?

Heard him say in an interview that he's not interested right now.  He has young sons and wants to be able to coach them and be a Dad.  Said he's been away from them too much up to this point and he has some make up work to do in being a Daddy. 

Lots of respect for that attitude. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 11:49:29 EDT »

Can't argue with that.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: