VTTW Board Index
May 21, 2024, 02:48:14 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: well, I don't know about you guys but  (Read 9948 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2012, 06:06:33 EST »

I'm a big ND fan for just a little while

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 06:07:34 EST »

Unfortunately, I agree.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 06:21:42 EST »

Always have been. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 10:40:05 EST »

Still a HUGE fan of a large rock from space

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Model 12
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 11:41:34 EST »

Still a HUGE fan of a large rock from space

I'm with Pirate...although the asteroid's non-appearance has altready disappointed me once (Saturday night).
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 02:17:19 EST »

Not I. I'm not necessarily into the conference loyalty stuff and I've always sorta admired Notre Dame's program (2nd best fight song in football, btw) but I can't handle the bandwagon effect. The media's fawning over the Irish this fall has reminded me of why I used to dislike them years and years ago.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 02:28:26 EST »

I can't handle the bandwagon effect. The media's fawning over the Irish this fall has reminded me of why I used to dislike them years and years ago.

I'm with you on this portion, but consider the alternative . . . a third Bammer Title in four years.  I loathe Notre Dame but they are the lesser of evils for me in this game.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 02:33:33 EST »

I'm with you on this portion, but consider the alternative . . . a third Bammer Title in four years.   I loathe Notre Dame but they are the lesser of evils for me in this game.

We gotta listen to the Alabama fans anyway.   Plus if Alabama wins I can mock and ridicule Bandit for saying Saban wouldn't win another NC. 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 02:35:13 EST by Creek Walker » Logged
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 02:58:51 EST »

Plus if Alabama wins I can mock and ridicule Bandit for saying Saban wouldn't win another NC. 

Well, there is that. 

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 04:10:53 EST »

Gotta hold my nose and go with Bama. BUT, I will not say Roll whatever, whatever. So, I still have some scruples left. 
Be-the-Vol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 04:59:37 EST »

Not I. I'm not necessarily into the conference loyalty stuff and I've always sorta admired Notre Dame's program (2nd best fight song in football, btw) but I can't handle the bandwagon effect. The media's fawning over the Irish this fall has reminded me of why I used to dislike them years and years ago.

The comments regarding media bias make me laugh every time I hear or read them.  I frequent several message boards and read the comments that follw many of college football articles I read, and see these comments made all the time.  I think what it comes down to is a matter of one's perspective.  If you're an ND fan, and the media says anything negative about the school or team, then the media is against you (and you smme to disregard the positive media coverage).  However, if you're a big fan of another team (or especially if you have strong feelings regarding a conference), then any positive reporting means that the media are all on ND's side (and negative press is ignored).  I think some of the recent posts here and seeing posts from people that can't see the unbelievable slobberfeast the media has shown the sec lately highlights the point.  I will agree that ND and ala get more press coverage (good and bad) simply because of their football history and fan following.
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 05:00:04 EST »

I'm a big ND fan for just a little while

ABSOLUTELY! I hate no other team more than the redneck, arrogant, detestable, despicable, loathsome bammers. I'm not sure, do you think that was clear enough?  
Creek Walker
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 05:54:53 EST »

I will agree that ND and ala get more press coverage (good and bad) simply because of their football history and fan following.

Thank you. All that needs saying.
Be-the-Vol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 06:31:42 EST »

It warms my heart knowing you agree that ND gets negative coverage.   
Creek Walker
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 06:52:51 EST »

Here's the lowdown on Notre Dame: Between 1998 and 2011, Notre Dame finished the season ranked in the Top 10 one time and went to five BCS games. Find me another team with that kind of favorability built into the system.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2012, 07:15:40 EST »

Here's the lowdown on Notre Dame: Between 1998 and 2011, Notre Dame finished the season ranked in the Top 10 one time and went to five BCS games. Find me another team with that kind of favorability built into the system.

Did you think all of this stuff is about fair play and sportsmanship? It's about money. It's always about money.

Be-the-Vol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 07:21:27 EST »

Well, since you couldn't find one example of this happening, I guess it hasn't happened.  I've heard it all before, but you must not let your hatred of Nasty Dame, Notre Shame, Notre Lame, cloud your head.  They have been to a total of 3 BCS games, and you must remember the selection criteria has changed several times during the life of the BCS.  You really should look at "the system" before commenting on it. Take a breath and relax, it will be ok.   

PS - A UT fan giving me the lowdown on ND, nice.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 07:27:39 EST by Be-the-Vol » Logged
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 07:24:48 EST »

I'm a big fan of a meteor hitting that stadium during the game. I don't like either team

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Creek Walker
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2012, 08:00:58 EST »

Well, since you couldn't find one example of this happening, I guess it hasn't happened.  I've heard it all before, but you must not let your hatred of Nasty Dame, Notre Shame, Notre Lame, cloud your head.  They have been to a total of 3 BCS games, and you must remember the selection criteria has changed several times during the life of the BCS.  You really should look at "the system" before commenting on it. Take a breath and relax, it will be ok.   

PS - A UT fan giving me the lowdown on ND, nice.

I don't need to give you examples. Fans love to wallow in blissful ignorance when it comes to their teams. The same is true of all of us, regardless of who we root for. The faux indignation over a simple message board comment just strengthens the growing return of my dislike for ND.
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 08:04:42 EST »

I'm a big fan of a meteor hitting that stadium during the game. I don't like either team

Oh, now you're talkin!
Be-the-Vol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2012, 08:14:19 EST »

I don't need to give you examples. Fans love to wallow in blissful ignorance when it comes to their teams. The same is true of all of us, regardless of who we root for. The faux indignation over a simple message board comment just strengthens the growing return of my dislike for ND.

You did give me an example and then asked me to cite others.  I only pointed out that your example in not correct, and that somehow equates to me being indignant? Interesting to say the least.  As for the growing dislike for ND, they must be doing something right.  I will say, ND and its fans need to enjoy it this year, next year will be a real struggle.

I guess I need to put in more of these in my posts:   . , 

I know we've never met, and I do really enjoy reading your posts.  I guess I'll just consider another self-imposed banning from the board since my pro ND stance rubs people the wrong way.  But ask anyone here that knows me - I'm just a great guy, good looking, tall, slim, and rich.  See ya in the funny papers.   
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 08:19:12 EST »

That might be true for most fans, including me, but there is very little ignorance (blissful or otherwise) about ND in Be-the-Vol.  But, to be sure, there is a lot of ignorance about ND by fans of other programs.  Seriously, "faux indignation"?!  His comments are no more faux indignation than yours are righteous indignation, and about a program you admittedly dislike due to things like media fawning and bandwagoning -- things that have nothing to do with the program itself.  Oh well, that's about par for the ND course.  Go Irish!    And, I still don't see how a stronger bama, with the added recruiting benefit of another championship, in any way helps the Vols.  So, why root for it to happen?  A championship by ND would have almost no recruiting effect on the Vols.  That can't be said about bama, since the schools go head-to-head in recruting all the time.  But, stuff like this is rarely based on anything tangible, as has been admitted by most. 
Creek Walker
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2012, 08:26:11 EST »

That might be true for most fans, including me, but there is very little ignorance (blissful or otherwise) about ND in Be-the-Vol.  But, to be sure, there is a lot of ignorance about ND by fans of other programs.  Seriously, "faux indignation"?!  His comments are no more faux indignation than yours are righteous indignation, and about a program you admittedly dislike due to things like media fawning and bandwagoning -- things that have nothing to do with the program itself.  Oh well, that's about par for the ND course.  Go Irish!    And, I still don't see how a stronger bama, with the added recruiting benefit of another championship, in any way helps the Vols.  So, why root for it to happen?  A championship by ND would have almost no recruiting effect on the Vols.  That can't be said about bama, since the schools go head-to-head in recruting all the time.  But, stuff like this is rarely based on anything tangible, as has been admitted by most. 
ROLL TIDE 
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2012, 08:30:43 EST »

---- ---- 

Seriously, how can you even write that?!    You know, you and BTV would probably have a great time talking about guns, and maybe UT football.  Just avoid that ND and bama stuff, although i think you actually agree about bama.    BTW, he is not on Facebook, but I showed him the pic of your son's first squirrel a while back, and he loved it. 
Be-the-Vol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2012, 08:31:33 EST »

Creek, or is it Walker, if it doesn't, that should leave a nasty taste in your mouth.   
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 08:33:55 EST by Be-the-Vol » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: