VTTW Board Index
May 21, 2024, 08:28:46 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gruden  (Read 6010 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2012, 04:03:20 EST »

is still in play. I know I know....but believe me, I would not say it if I thought it was BS

tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 04:05:41 EST »

I hope they announce something soon. My little brain is tired of deciding if I like him or not. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 04:17:41 EST »

is still in play. I know I know....but believe me, I would not say it if I thought it was BS

Wha?  You're a gullible fool who's living in a fantasy world. 

Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 04:17:58 EST »

I think so, too. I'm not saying anything because I don't want to look like one of "those" fans.  
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 04:18:10 EST »

Even after what Basilio said today?
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 04:23:05 EST »

Basilio?  I read him every morning and listen to him sometimes, but he said something different every single day while the Gruden drama was in full swing.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 04:31:27 EST »

Yep

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 04:35:26 EST »

Basilio?  I read him every morning and listen to him sometimes, but he said something different every single day while the Gruden drama was in full swing.

Take it back. Basilio is a bastion of truth, honesty and integrity.
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 04:38:09 EST »

Personally I don't care who they hire as long as they win. I'm just a fan and want to see the Vols return to glory. I still say Bobby Petrino would be the best thing out there regardless of his past. It'll never happen though. As far as Gruden goes, he would ber an instant home run but he is not coming to Tennessee.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 04:42:44 EST »

Personally I don't care who they hire as long as they win. I'm just a fan and want to see the Vols return to glory. I still say Bobby Petrino would be the best thing out there regardless of his past. It'll never happen though. As far as Gruden goes, he would ber an instant home run but he is not coming to Tennessee.

You know Idaho hired Paul Petrino? Idaho seems like a better fit for Bobby...if you know what I mean.   

10EC
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 05:13:10 EST »

I have never waivered on thinking it is Gruden.  I don't know why.  Probably same dislussional desire I had for being sure we beat UF this year.
Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 05:16:59 EST »

I remember what everyone said about Saban just before he was announced at Bama.  This is no lie, two days before he was announced a well-connect Bammer bud of mine (yes, I am ashamed) told me he was coming.  I laughed in his face and told him he was so delusional it wasn't funny.  Please leth that be us this time!!   
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 05:30:33 EST »

Yep.  First, Hart was on the sideline while the boosters made the hire.  Then, Hart isn't really sold on Gruden.  Dude is all over the place.

Btw, Lovie Smith is still circling TYS on the Pilot Corporate jet.  

Of course, he always ends with "keep in mind, these things are fluid" to cover himself when he takes the opposite stance the following day.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 05:39:14 EST »

I don't think he's ever been out of play but I don't think it's going to happen. If it had ever been as close as we have all been led to believe by the booster side of the rumor mill, information would've broken through legitimate UT media by now.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Creek Walker
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 05:51:54 EST »

I don't think he's ever been out of play but I don't think it's going to happen. If it had ever been as close as we have all been led to believe by the booster side of the rumor mill, information would've broken through legitimate UT media by now.

Doesn't the TFP qualify as legitimate media?  

FTR, I think it's unlikely, too.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2012, 07:42:11 EST »

Doesn't the TFP qualify as legitimate media? 

FTR, I think it's unlikely, too.

In situations like this it needs to be more than one outlet to corroborate.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Creek Walker
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 07:58:37 EST »

In situations like this it needs to be more than one outlet to corroborate.

I can agree with that. Though I must admit that if this were an unusual situation where Hart was trying hard to clamp down on the media out of fear that premature publicity would foil the plan, I don't really trust our hometown guys to bring the story home.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 08:08:57 EST »

I can agree with that. Though I must admit that if this were an unusual situation where Hart was trying hard to clamp down on the media out of fear that premature publicity would foil the plan, I don't really trust our hometown guys to bring the story home.

Maybe I'm naive but I can't believe that the news wouldn't get out if there was as much smoke as there appears to have been, no matter what Dave Hart tried to keep a lid on. I don't think the sun rises and sets with Hubbs like some do but he is a good reporter. And I loathe Rucker but he also is a good reporter.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: