VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 09:22:23 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: tahd is turning!  (Read 8532 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2015, 12:08:26 EDT »

bammer opens 21-3, but it's 28-20 now and Aggies just blocked a punt.   

go Aggies!  Bammer will dial it in next week if they lose IMO.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 12:15:07 EDT »

Any secondary is vulnerable... Would love for Dobbs to hit some deep balls early.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 12:19:12 EDT »

Henry is a load. Wow.

SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 12:24:07 EDT »

But just got rocked himself! I'd rather the tide win a grueling, emotional game.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 12:42:32 EDT »

But just got rocked himself! I'd rather the tide win a grueling, emotional game.

Either way is much better than an easy win 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 01:11:48 EDT »

Well I don't know how grueling or emotional that was 😝

SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 01:16:21 EDT »

If we could somehow get up early next week, maybe Vols can win. Not sure I see that happening, but gawd we owe them for 2009 if nothing else! lol

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 01:41:03 EDT »

If we could somehow get up early next week, maybe Vols can win. Not sure I see that happening, but gawd we owe them for 2009 if nothing else! lol

yeah we owe them big for that

they had 3 int returns for tds...I don't see them doing that to us we are run first and don't throw the ball around nearly as much as the Aggies

Its good we have a run oriented offense against a team like bammer and a running QB with a up tempo offense is a huge plus

On the other side of the ball, their best OL might be out

No reason to not be optimistic about the game 

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 01:46:53 EDT »

yeah we owe them big for that

they had 3 int returns for tds...I don't see them doing that to us we are run first and don't throw the ball around nearly as much as the Aggies

Its good we have a run oriented offense against a team like bammer and a running QB with a up tempo offense is a huge plus

On the other side of the ball, their best OL might be out

No reason to not be optimistic about the game  

After seeing how in last year's game they were completely unprepared when Dobbs came in, I'd consider rotating QBs, just to see if you can catch them off guard again.  Let them spend all week watching Dobbs in the film room, then spring Dormady on them every couple series.

Nothing to lose, so why not?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 01:48:29 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2015, 02:53:45 EDT »

After seeing how in last year's game they were completely unprepared when Dobbs came in, I'd consider rotating QBs, just to see if you can catch them off guard again.  Let them spend all week watching Dobbs in the film room, then spring Dormady on them every couple series.

Nothing to lose, so why not?

whatever works

I am sure they will be better prepared for Dobbs this year, but that hasn't helped them much against other running qbs

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2015, 03:11:35 EDT »

A key difference between aTm and the VOLS is that we have a running QB.  If they run a spy on Dobbs I hope we roll out and throw to a TE or RB in the area vacated by the spy.  Do that a few times and they start playing more honest.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2015, 03:23:07 EDT »

A key difference between aTm and the VOLS is that we have a running QB.  If they run a spy on Dobbs I hope we roll out and throw to a TE or RB in the area vacated by the spy.  Do that a few times and they start playing more honest.

^this
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2015, 06:31:17 EDT »

The Tide front seven is showing up now. They will stack the box and make Dobbs beat them throwing, which is tough for him. I just hope our OL can give Dobbs some breathing room. Bama's front seven takes a lot of pressure off their DB's. Anything is possible. Common opponent is UGa, it doesn't look good for the Vols. Hopefully the Vols can get them to commit a bunch of TO's again like Ole Miss did.

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2015, 07:01:31 EDT »

I'm more worried about our defense stopping Bama's downhill running. We didn't matchup well with Ark's running game and Bama's is better and they will try and beat us deep which pretty much everyone we've played has done. Add the fact that Bama's defense will be the best we've played IMO.
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2015, 01:46:13 EDT »

One thing to watch out for is their "special" teams..they haven't looked that special at times this year..Maybe Berry can work his magic on a punt or kick off return..It will take a total team effort but Bama can be beat..Ole Miss proved that
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2015, 07:03:49 EDT »

I'm more worried about our defense stopping Bama's downhill running. We didn't matchup well with Ark's running game and Bama's is better and they will try and beat us deep which pretty much everyone we've played has done. Add the fact that Bama's defense will be the best we've played IMO.

One thing that helps is that Tamu was definitely not known as a physical inside D and they got whipped in the first half, but when they stacked the box in the second half they really slowed Henry.  I think that bodes well for us.

Of course, bammer's center also went out of the game in the late second quarter and that likely had something to do as well.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2015, 01:53:17 EDT »

One thing that helps is that Tamu was definitely not known as a physical inside D and they got whipped in the first half, but when they stacked the box in the second half they really slowed Henry.  I think that bodes well for us.

Of course, bammer's center also went out of the game in the late second quarter and that likely had something to do as well.

The backup center was gosh awful.....Hope he has to play this week!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2015, 03:15:52 EDT »

he was out yesterday, but satan was hopeful he would be cleared soon.

I expect him to play 

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2015, 04:05:43 EDT »

This bammer.  Between last Saturday and this Saturday, he'll add 50 lbs to his bench press and shave .3 off his 40 time.  And probably develop a severe case of back acne.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2015, 03:33:56 EDT »

This bammer.  Between last Saturday and this Saturday, he'll add 50 lbs to his bench press and shave .3 off his 40 time.  And probably develop a severe case of back acne.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: