VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 06:58:14 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The puppies look whipped  (Read 4105 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2015, 04:22:05 EDT »

6-6 5:40 left in the 4th and the puppies just missed a chip shot FG.
The crowd is most definitely NOT in the game.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 04:30:16 EDT »

Like watching an old episode of Star Trek.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 04:43:00 EDT »

Puppies win 9-6 in a real barn burner, played in a morgue 

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 04:52:49 EDT »

Reminded me of a 1970's Big 10 game.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 02:53:44 EDT »

that may have been the dullest game of the week

I almost always want uga to lose, but I'm glad Mizzou lost.  I don't want them to be eligible for the SECC when we play them

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JDBVOL
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 03:32:28 EDT »

I live outside St Louis, man I just want to beat them and every year so far it has been just well another year of listening to how big and bad the SEC East was and that yada yada yada on the Vols if we can get the W on Mizzou i will be satisfied.  Sorry but living in their back yard makes it very difficult.  Even today the Soccer team beat the lady Vols and at Volleyball game tonight some MU fan had to bring it up, of course my power T on the Truck and the T hat gave me no shot at anything...lol   this is the year we break through on the tigers.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 03:38:09 EDT »

I live outside St Louis
Assuming you are not in East St Louis

I'll give you a shout as I head for Columbia from Lambert next month

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 04:56:40 EDT »

I live outside St Louis, man I just want to beat them and every year so far it has been just well another year of listening to how big and bad the SEC East was and that yada yada yada on the Vols if we can get the W on Mizzou i will be satisfied.  Sorry but living in their back yard makes it very difficult.  Even today the Soccer team beat the lady Vols and at Volleyball game tonight some MU fan had to bring it up, of course my power T on the Truck and the T hat gave me no shot at anything...lol   this is the year we break through on the tigers.

when you think about it, Dooley lost to UK in 2011 and we finished behind them, dead last in the SEC at 1-7.  Kentucky managed to beat some other team (MSU?) and so was 2-6.  Think about it.  Even though we beat Vandy that year (in a close game on a questionable call) we were LAST in the SEC East.  Something i never thought I'd see.

But then we  beat UK for a sole SEC win at the end of 2012, but that was with Chaney as interim coach.  Doofus doesn't even get credit for that. even though we again finished 1-7, C did manage to beat UK who was 0-8, so we climbed one notch to sixth place.

In 2013, Butch again beat UK but lost to Vandy (first back to back losses to Vandy since 1926  ) but managed to beat USC to finish 2-6.  Once again, that was sixth place but we did beat USC. another East rival and our record in the SEC improved to 2-6.

Last year we finally beat Vandy, repeated the upset against USC and held serve against Kentucky for 3-5, our best SEC record since 2010, which was good for a tie for fourth place with USC.  There is no such thing as a "tie breaker" but since we won the head to head, you could argue that we went from 6th to 4th.

the placement is not that big a deal to me, but the overall SEC record and particularly the ability to defeat East rivals is huge.

Think of it this way....

In 2012 we broke a one game loss streak to UK
In 2013 we broke a 3-game loss streak to USC and still beat UK
In 2014 we broke a 2-game loss streak to Vandy and still beat USC and UK
In 2015 we broke a 5-game loss streak to Uga and.....????

If we can add Mizzou to the list this year, and hold serve on USC, UK, and Vandy, we will then have beaten all our East rivals since Dools left with the exception of UF, and look how close we got the last two years.

We likely lose to bammer, but make no mistake about it, beating Mizzou will be huge.  Not so much that it would be a "big win".  Mizzou lacks the rival status and brand name, but other than UF they are the only other East team we have yet to beat in the post-Doofus era (hell...we have never beaten them at all!)

I don't care what anyone says, that's a game we need to win and it will be big.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JDBVOL
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 02:40:21 EDT »

never in the life of the Mizzou Tigers would I have thought we would not have W vs them.  That said I agree that is a game we need to start a winning streak.  Prior to joining the SEC it was common conversation that the Tigers never made half time adjustments.  well since joining the SEC East they seem to make the right adjustments against the Vols.  we played them very tight 1st half and lost in 2nd half.  Year 2 was home game for MU and it was not a game from the start Think that game Dobbs had some Freshman moments-remember one long scramble that resulted in him not going out of bounds and created a fumble that stopped the best drive of the night.  then the year 3 game-we smashed them first half dominated held under like 25 yards offense in the first half to have them come out the second half and dominate and put into OT to win.  I want to state that Mizzou has a solid defense, they are a hot mess on the offensive side of the ball and the young QB will be good but he is not at this time.  I think if we play our game we should get a W.

that said this week is the most important week for the Vols-one game at a time.  will the bye week help?  will the momentum of getting a W against UGA be a boost?  will bammer have that let down they seem to have after a big win?  UGA big win-next week struggled with MTSU, aTm big win....see if we can make some ground up.  We have talent we have skill and if we can play error free I will take the Vols everytime.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: