VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 07:52:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coaches Decisions-thoughts  (Read 1740 times)
JDBVOL
Walk-On

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2015, 05:44:46 EDT »

Ole Miss game- CHF uses one of this best defenders on O-concussion and out early and they lose the game

LSU - FLA  fake FG--bobbled and successful result  late in game to give the Tigers the W

MSU - UM  wow the Big 10 refs were horrid but look that the 4th downs CMD went for and did not make, Look at the Goal line play selection and how it turned out and lastly look at CJH with all his support and calling 2 time outs to discuss all the options and make the decision to punt-result-one of the lowest probability outcomes happened.

my thoughts-in all the games the coaches thought they were doing right in this day an age it is very easy to second guess any of the outcomes with twitter, msg boards, fb, snap chat, etc so in the games I watched yesterday I thought to myself-how our fans react to the decisions and how easy it is to get lost in the moment.  Every weekend there are numerous decisions that determine the outcome-heck look at MU - UGA 9-6 battle royal of D and how that one and the USCjr-Vandy ended just some very tight games. 

that kicker for big blue was doing what coach asked he tried to catch and then he was trying to kick and these talking heads want to say he threw the ball--watch the dang play he was trying to kick the ball.  besides that no matter how many times in practice you try to practice a bad snap nothing is like the real game speed-situation and reaction.  I hope the kid pulls out of it, and then on the flip side to have dislocated / broken hip on the return for the winning team wow just some of the crazy things that happened.  What a great weekend for some unbelievable finishes.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 09:08:36 EDT »

Ole Miss game- CHF uses one of this best defenders on O-concussion and out early and they lose the game

LSU - FLA  fake FG--bobbled and successful result  late in game to give the Tigers the W

MSU - UM  wow the Big 10 refs were horrid but look that the 4th downs CMD went for and did not make, Look at the Goal line play selection and how it turned out and lastly look at CJH with all his support and calling 2 time outs to discuss all the options and make the decision to punt-result-one of the lowest probability outcomes happened.

my thoughts-in all the games the coaches thought they were doing right in this day an age it is very easy to second guess any of the outcomes with twitter, msg boards, fb, snap chat, etc so in the games I watched yesterday I thought to myself-how our fans react to the decisions and how easy it is to get lost in the moment.  Every weekend there are numerous decisions that determine the outcome-heck look at MU - UGA 9-6 battle royal of D and how that one and the USCjr-Vandy ended just some very tight games. 

that kicker for big blue was doing what coach asked he tried to catch and then he was trying to kick and these talking heads want to say he threw the ball--watch the dang play he was trying to kick the ball.  besides that no matter how many times in practice you try to practice a bad snap nothing is like the real game speed-situation and reaction.  I hope the kid pulls out of it, and then on the flip side to have dislocated / broken hip on the return for the winning team wow just some of the crazy things that happened.  What a great weekend for some unbelievable finishes.

very good points...you can hardly cite the coaches in the meechigan game, but probably some will

"why wasn't he trained to fall on the ball"?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: