VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 09:14:06 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tie Breaker  (Read 2205 times)
10EC
« on: October 19, 2015, 03:21:55 EDT »

Yes, I am pipe dreaming.

But if we win out, GA wins out and FL wins out (w/exception of UGA)....

Who would win tie breaker?

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 03:49:09 EDT »

I think it would come down to who's ranked higher. 

Frankly, it pisses me off that UF is even eligible.  Without their doped up QB, they probably don't beat UK, and they DEFINITELY don't beat us.  How do they get to keep those wins?

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 03:56:16 EDT »

I think in that case all teams would have identical SEC East records and it would go to the final tiebreaker.  This was updated in 2014:  G.  Combined SEC record of the team’s cross-divisional opponents.  Arky is the worst team in the West right now, so it would not look good for the Vols in that tiebreaker scenario.

We probably stand a better chance at a 3 way 3 loss tie.  If UF loses to UGa and another East opponent (Vandy or @ SC) and UGa loses to another East opponent (UK) we would win if we only lose to Bama from here on out.  Wow, on second thought, there is no way in hell that happens!  I guess we need Arky to win the rest of its games and root againt LSU to boot.  Of course, beating Bama might be the first thing to worry about!

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 05:23:40 EDT »

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2014/sec-has-a-new-tiebreaker-in-2014/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: