VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 10:46:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here's hoping for airhead Kiffin to show up  (Read 3256 times)
Creek Walker
« on: October 21, 2015, 01:48:29 EDT »

Lane Kiffin can be an offensive mastermind. He can also be an airhead.

Airhead Lane Kiffin showed up against Ohio State in the national semifinals last year, particularly in the fourth quarter, and it cost Alabama the football game. Tennessee is capable of slowing down Alabama's running game, but probably not enough to allow the Vols to spring an upset this weekend. Here's hoping that Kiffin tries to exploit our weak corners and it winds up biting him in the butt. (He'll beat our weak corners a time or two, but I'm more confident in our ability to win if Alabama is throwing the football first than I am if they're running the football first.)

I hope airhead Lane Kiffin shows up Saturday. As has already been said, our chances against Alabama aren't very good, but we at least have a puncher's chance -- and we haven't been able to say that very often in the past 9 years.
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 01:47:32 EDT »

Dobbs makes the Tide D look silly and keeps their O off the field and wears their D down and Vols win 30 - 13.       
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 03:09:33 EDT »

Dobbs makes the Tide D look silly and keeps their O off the field and wears their D down and Vols win 30 - 13.       

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 03:13:48 EDT »

Kiffin will try some deep balls early in this game. If we can hold that off, keep it going till 4th qtr, we will have a shot. I predict a 3-6 point game

crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 03:53:51 EDT »

I'm hoping that Dobbs comes to play and gets it done with his arm and legs like he did last week against jaw jaw and that the play calling is similar..just enough to move the chains and keep the defense honest and our receivers finally start catching the ball and make some plays like they did last week..Bama can be beat if UT comes to town,not to compete,but to win and starts to play up to their ability instead of below it as was the case earlier this year
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 04:12:06 EDT »

If we can tackle a 100 times better than we have been doing and make very few mistakes on offense, we will have a chance.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 04:31:22 EDT »

Airhead Kiffin often made appearances for we Vols.  Some of my "favorites"

2009 September 12 - Trailing UCLA by 6, we have the ball 1st and 8.   In spite of the fact that Montario Hardesty has been the workhorse the entire drive, Kiffin subs Bryce Brown in on first down and he goes for one yard. Second down, Hardesty runs all the way from midfield to relieve Brown. Hardesty goes for 5 yards.  It's third and goal from the 2.  AIRHEAD KIFFIN, sends Bryce Brown SPRINTING from midfield to relieve Hardesty.  No gain.  4th and 2.  Now, guess what?  Hardesty SPRINTS from midfield to relieve Brown.  Goes for 1.5 yards, is stopped inches short.

So hey AIRHEAD KIFFIN....first of all, Hardesty carried the team on that drive.  GIVE HIM THE BALL!  Second, Hardesty is the power back.  GIVE HIM THE BALL!  Third...rotating RBs from midfield in a goal line situation?  WTF???? Especially since one is a relatively unproven finesse runner, no matter how highly rated.  Freaking ridiculous.

To this day, I am convinced that had Montario carried three or even two consecutive times we win.  I'm still pissed about it in fact.   

2009 October 3.  All week long, my Auburn fan buddy at work is worried sick because we have a decent run game and they have one of the worst run defenses in the country.  Literally on the first play from scrimmage, Nukeese Richardson runs 41 yards down to the Auburn 11 (after a good kick return).  Kiffin promptly calls three passes.  With Jonathan Crompton as QB.  And this was "bad Crompton", before he got his shizzle together.  Let me repeat that.  41 yard run. Weak Auburn D.  THREE PASSES BY JONATAN fizzleING CROMPTON!!!! We failed to convert a first down, then missed a 39-yard field goal, and Auburn went on to win by four. 

Again...had we just lined up a ran right at Auburn that first drive, I am convinced we win.  Also still pissed about this!   

2009 October 24.  Sigh.  I almost hate to bring this up.  Bammer.  No 2 in country.  Eventual national champs (first under satan).  Trailing 12-10 late in game.  Lincoln has been very inaccurate outside 40 yards all season, and accurate inside 40 yards.  Has missed  47 and 43 yarders on this day, in fact.  Late in game.  Vols trail 12-10.  Crompton throws pass down to bammer 26.  46 seconds left.  Instead of trying to gain more yards, AIRHEAD KIFFIN runs Hardesty up the middle for -1, let's clock run down to 5 seconds, and has Crompton clock ball.  Un.  fizzleing. Believable.  Should the fizzleing head coach not fizzleing know, that Lincoln fizzleing sucks outside 40 yards, and try to get more fizzleing yards!!!!

Again...if we get 6-8 more yards there, I am almost certain we win the game. Yes, the kick was blocked, but Lincoln was a bit nicked up and at that distance had to lower the trajectory of his shot.  Inside 40 he would loft the ball more.

Bottom line...the fizzleING HEAD COACH SHOULD HAVE KNOWN HIS KICKER WAS WORTHLESS OUTSIDE 40 YARDS!!!

Absolutely no excuse for losing that game.  We win there, it ruins bammer's first MNC (or likely it does) and...well it would have been one of the bigger wins for UT in that rivalry. 

I am SUPER PISSED about that one.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: