VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 09:48:40 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Strong chronology for those interested in AD workings.....................  (Read 2592 times)
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2012, 05:54:53 EST »

Friday:  Tennessee followed protocol and requested permission and spoke to Strong for the first time.
Monday:  Strong met with Tennessee
Tuesday:  Strong offered.
Wednesday:  Day to consider, rejected Wednesday evening.

I guess what surprises me is that there was no contact whatever prior to last Friday, which makes me wonder if Hart was sitting by waiting for seasons to end, or had he already interviewed "x" number of coaches who said no?  Either way, if reports that Hart primarily targeted Gundy (Jimmy Sexton manipulated, no chance), and Strong (whose AD had already publicly stated he would do whatever necessary to prevent) are true, seems to be the ideal scenario for failure, and one of the reasons so many now look at Jones hire as "settling". 

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 06:02:00 EST »

Gundy (Jimmy Sexton manipulated, no chance)

Of note: Butch Jones's agent is NOT Jimmy Sexton (it's Trace Armstrong, FWIW). Not that this has much bearing on the hire or the process or whatever, but I am personally relieved by this fact.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 06:06:58 EST by Clockwork Orange » Logged

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 06:03:51 EST »

Quite puzzling.  Also, the claim that Cheek met with Strong.
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 06:07:10 EST »

Friday:  Tennessee followed protocol and requested permission and spoke to Strong for the first time.
Monday:  Strong met with Tennessee
Tuesday:  Strong offered.
Wednesday:  Day to consider, rejected Wednesday evening.

I guess what surprises me is that there was no contact whatever prior to last Friday, which makes me wonder if Hart was sitting by waiting for seasons to end, or had he already interviewed "x" number of coaches who said no?  Either way, if reports that Hart primarily targeted Gundy (Jimmy Sexton manipulated, no chance), and Strong (whose AD had already publicly stated he would do whatever necessary to prevent) are true, seems to be the ideal scenario for failure, and one of the reasons so many now look at Jones hire as "settling". 

The timing and information about Strong seems like standard stuff.  If, however, Hart targeted only Gundy and Strong and contacted no other potential candidates, that is very disconcerting.  I don't buy it, but I have nothing but my guts to go on.
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 06:11:47 EST »

According to Hubbs, Strong met and interviewed with UT on Friday (Nov 30). Gundy was interviewed on Sunday (Dec2). He seemingly had 48 hours to determine if he wanted the job (Big Mistake IMO). After the clock ran out, Hart pursued Strong starting sometime on Tuesday (Dec 4) with rejection on Dec 5.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 06:17:15 EST »

Of note: Butch Jones's agent is NOT Jimmy Sexton (it's Trace Armstrong, FWIW). Not that this has much bearing on the hire or the process or whatever, but I am personally relieved by this fact.

co-sign

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: