VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 02:58:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Loved this comment by WR coach Zach Azzanni  (Read 2211 times)
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2013, 09:24:22 EDT »

"We reward achievement.  If you want to get treated well around here, then play real good, play real hard, play with a lot of effort and we take care of you. If not, your food’s a little worse, your jerseys a little bigger, that’s just how we do it.”
  LOL Azzanni was echoing what OC Bajakian was saying about Butch Jones being a master motivator. Coach Jones wanted WR Paul Harris to step up his game, so Jones took Harris' #1 jersey away from him and made him wear #91, giving him a lighthearted kick in the pants saying, "“Wearing No. 1 at the University of Tennessee is a privilege, you get it back when you earn it"!
  I love these practice tidbits and the way this new coaching staff is motivating, and teaching these players. From their comments, the players seem to be buying in and thriving in this atmosphere as well. Sure hope all this translates into a more disciplined team that wins more games than it loses this year.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 10:05:13 EDT »

I do like this stuff the staff is doing. Their real test as motivators will be at halftimes since this team seems to fade in the 2nd half of games. Part of that was physical and mental. Hopefully this staff can keep them from getting down when something goes bad in a game.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 11:21:05 EDT »

I'm impressed with Coach Azzanni,He's really working His players

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 06:19:11 EDT »

I'm impressed with Coach Azzanni,He's really working His players

Yes, he seems like a great hire.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: