VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 09:01:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I lost half of my Final Four today in the men's tournament....  (Read 2225 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2016, 06:01:57 EDT »

This might be the earliest ever.   
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 06:11:20 EDT »

64.8% of all the brackets played at ESPN had Michigan State in the Final Four.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 06:45:27 EDT »

When that half court N. Iowa shot went in to be Little UT....I fell plum out of bed. No kidding.....it was like I had hit that shot
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 07:07:40 EDT »

Tamu fed back to Northern Iowa what they fed to Tejas. I saw the regulation ending of that game. When it was a 6 point deficit with less that 10 seconds left I turned it away for two seconds. I just knew they had no chance. You gotta feel for Northern they were stuck under Tamus basket and didn't have a time out. Everything went wrong for half a minute.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 09:21:12 EDT »

I've been playing, watching, and coaching basketball for 45+ years and I've never seen anything like the last 40 seconds of that game. UNI really fell apart.

Rule #1: Don't catch the ball in the deep corner against the trap. You are done!

Rule #1a:  If hopelessly trapped without a timeout, throw the ball toward your goal - not toward the opponent's goal.

I really feel for those players and coaches. I've been on the horrible end of some late game losses and I know that I wouldn't be getting any restful sleep for days, maybe weeks. That one will be tough to get over.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 09:23:07 EDT by JeffCountyVolFan » Logged
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 01:40:41 EDT »

I've been playing, watching, and coaching basketball for 45+ years and I've never seen anything like the last 40 seconds of that game. UNI really fell apart.

Rule #1: Don't catch the ball in the deep corner against the trap. You are done!

Rule #1a:  If hopelessly trapped without a timeout, throw the ball toward your goal - not toward the opponent's goal.

I really feel for those players and coaches. I've been on the horrible end of some late game losses and I know that I wouldn't be getting any restful sleep for days, maybe weeks. That one will be tough to get over.

Yep....that last 44 seconds reminds me of our football team finding and inventing ways to lose late in ballgames. We've written the book on how to choke a game away the past several years. We seem to add a chapter to the book every year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: