VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 04:56:12 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So how do Y'all think the Tennessee-Georgia game will go?  (Read 6766 times)
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2012, 05:08:08 EDT »

I hope I'm wrong but I think Georgia wins 35-21

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
BrazosVol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 05:10:42 EDT »

You're wrong.

45-21
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 05:11:04 EDT »

TWFDU.

ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 05:26:02 EDT »

Unfortunately......................GEORGIA WINS BIG
No confidence in staff to motivate or game plan.

Go Big Orange.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 05:52:20 EDT »

They're gonna mop the floor with us.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 07:29:09 EDT »

You're all wrong. Will be tight game

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 03:13:07 EDT »

You're all wrong. Will be tight game

Sure it will- for the first half.  Then our guys will go back to the lockerroom and hit the bong, needle, pipe, or whatever it is they do at halftime, and come out and get boatraced.  We've seen this all before.  It's like "Groundhog Day".

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 03:34:31 EDT »

Sure it will- for the first half.  Then our guys will go back to the lockerroom and hit the bong, needle, pipe, or whatever it is they do at halftime, and come out and get boatraced.  We've seen this all before.  It's like "Groundhog Day".
With the exception of the UF game we have improved, in most cases significantly, in the 2nd half.  We have a staff capable of making effective adjustments.  Last night for example, other than the one long drive that led to their FG we essentially shut them down in the 2nd half, while playing a lot of backups at times (even before the last TD).  We made fewer presnap alignment checks in the 2nd half, pretty much lining up with 3/4 corners and two deep safeties much of the 2nd half but often in early downs kept two middle backers in the game to stop their run game. 

BTW, I see where AJ took responsibility for the long TD run.  I might believe him for if he takes the othe rgap, with Moore crashing in on the left like he did we would have been in better shape to stop the play.  As it was we had two key players in the same piece of real estate and nobody on the right side.

Re the UF game:  I think their were two basic issues, possibly related.  1) we played our key players too much and 2) we had too many individual breakdowns.

Going forward it will be interesting how much Wagner plays as FS.  It was clear last night that when he went to FS in the two deep the defense improved.  When we go to dime though that means a FR is on the field, last night I noted Toney in the game.  I do not know if Bonner got some PT or not (difficult sometimes to catch the numbers watching on crappy TV, or TV of any kind).

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2012, 06:10:55 EDT »

Until we can prove that we can run against a big-boy defense (232 against Akron is nice, but c'mon it's Akron), I'm not optimistic about our chances against the upper echelon of the SEC. UGA in the 14-17  point range.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2012, 07:10:17 EDT »

Until we can prove that we can run against a big-boy defense (232 against Akron is nice, but c'mon it's Akron), I'm not optimistic about our chances against the upper echelon of the SEC. UGA in the 14-17  point range.
We ran WELL against UF

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 02:24:59 EDT »

I like the point spread..it has favored UT to be double a digit under dog in the past....it's when they are favored like the Fla game when they blow their wad...UGA is Feeling all warm and fuzzy right now after stomping vandy and a top ten ranking undefeated and playing at home as a 15.5 point favorite..I hope their players are already counting that as a win and UT comes out swingin' mad and smacks the taste out of their dog breath mouth..long drives that eat up the clock and gets points,will need every one we can get,make it a short game and keep our defense and their offense off the field as much as possible to make it a game in the 4th and have a chance..I remember the game in '06..UT couldn't do a damn thing right and were down like 21 points at the half and came back and stomped their pups between the hedges..UT may not win but I do think they have a shot if they protect the ball and can force a couple turn overs by UGA...Go Vols!!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 04:44:15 EDT by crockettman » Logged
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 03:37:41 EDT »

We ran WELL against UF

We got 83 yards and averaged 3.0 ypc against UF, according to the ESPN boxscore. Not really my idea of well, let alone WELL. Sure it was a big improvement over what we've done against UF the last few years when we were in negative yardage, but not enough to inspire confidence. We probably could have done better, but we pretty much abandoned the running game when we got behind by 7.  Chaney panicked big time.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 03:51:15 EDT »

We got 83 yards and averaged 3.0 ypc against UF, according to the ESPN boxscore. Not really my idea of well, let alone WELL. Sure it was a big improvement over what we've done against UF the last few years when we were in negative yardage, but not enough to inspire confidence. We probably could have done better, but we pretty much abandoned the running game when we got behind by 7.  Chaney panicked big time.
We had 60+ yards in the first half and really were running pretty well.  No big gainers but we were moving the ball.  The big plays in the ind half took us out of the run game.  To each is own I guess ...

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 04:58:16 EDT »

I actually agree with a lot of this statement.  I was deleting the UF game off my DVR earlier this evening (finally got around to it) and noticed that it was indeed after we got down by 7, whereas I had thought it was 14. 

Our run game may not be where we want it yet, but Neal seems to play a bit better every game and it's a big improvement over last year.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 02:59:23 EDT »

The problem is that we have an OC who likes to pass. We can run the ball this year, we just don't commit to it.

UGA game will be close. Much closer than people here are thinking.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 03:22:33 EDT »

The game will be close till approximately the 7:14 mark of the 4th quarter 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: