VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 07:45:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So how do you rate the coaching in the OU game. A lot of things that happened  (Read 1703 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2015, 06:47:32 EDT »

that make us scratch our heads. Why does the offense go away in the second half? I still still say our OL is our Achilles. Dobbs just can't get comfortable in the pocket. Some of the SEC D lines will be tough as hell. On paper our weapons look great. On the field they haven't materialized yet.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 07:11:58 EDT »

I agree about the ol. We have to hope it continues to improve. Fortunately although you are right about some of the sec d lines we face, ou also has one that is really good.

I'd say only bammer florida mizzou and maybe uga are better while admitting I don't know much about ark d line.

OU dl likely one of the top 2 or 3 we face this year.

Regardless we still need massive improvement on ol.

By the end of the season hopefully young talent like Richmond and Jones are more in the mix.

Heck, they have to be. Two of our starters are seniors.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 08:12:29 EDT »

Not as bad as suggested by the criticism here.  We've got a weak OL.  OK should have recognized that from the start, but didn't.  They adjusted and put extra pressure on the OL, and press coverage to take away quick screens.  The way to beat that is with a quick, accurate and decisive QB and big, strong receivers that can be into their routes quickly and go up and get the ball from a smaller corner.  Without that, there's not much the coaches can do.

Similarly, I agree it was a mistake to kick the FG on 4th & goal, but in the coaches defense, we're again talking about a weak OL trying to punch it in against a strong defensive front ready to make a stand.  With a stronger OL, it's a no-brainer.  With ours...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: