VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 02:00:24 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How bout dem McMinn Co CHEROKEES!  (Read 809 times)
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2019, 05:54:12 EDT »

This has got to be one of their best starts in a good while.  My Dad played for them back in the late 50's, and he went on to play at SW La (now LA-Lafayette).  My mom went there as well, and I spent many a childhood summer at her parents house in the heart of Athens.  I cherish those times and just love that town.  The Cherokees have always been a big part of the town, along with Uni in town, TN Wesleyan.  Well, the black and gold seems to be rollin'.  Wouldn't it be something if they come into that upcoming game at Mare'ville undefeated?  I don't think the tribe is quite ready for the Rebels, but wow, that would be a big one.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 04:16:33 EDT »

Having a great year.  Looks like they should be a playoff team, which would most likely send them to play at either DB or Farragut in the first round of the playoffs. Still have both Maryville and Bradley Central left to play, and both of those teams will be a huge favorite over McMinn. 

The Cleveland game will be huge for McMinn. That likely determines whether they finish 3rd and play at Farragut or finish 4th and play at DB in round one. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: