VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 02:18:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vols vs. Tree Killers KO time still up in the air for another week...  (Read 3424 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2012, 06:50:23 EDT »

CBS is exercising it's "Six Day Option" for the 3:30 game, and will choose between us, crocs/cocks, and aTm/corndogs.  ESPN will air the other two, one at noon and one in primetime.  I have a feeling we'll get stuck with the noon game, and that sucks ass.

http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/NEWS/tabid/473/Article/237719/sec-tv-games-for-october-20th.aspx

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 07:07:53 EDT »

I really hope we get the noon game, for my own convenience.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 10:32:44 EDT »

huh.  How would CBS NOT choose gators/cocks?  That's clearly the premium game of the day.  Doesn't make sense.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 10:37:56 EDT »

huh.  How would CBS NOT choose gators/cocks?  That's clearly the premium game of the day.  Doesn't make sense.   

I suspect they probably will.  And since a noon Eastern kickoff would actually come at 11AM local time for LSU/aTm, we'll probably get stuck there.  We're planning a HUGE tailgate that day, so I'm hoping for a late game.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 11:09:45 EDT »

I suspect they probably will.  And since a noon Eastern kickoff would actually come at 11AM local time for LSU/aTm, we'll probably get stuck there.  We're planning a HUGE tailgate that day, so I'm hoping for a late game.

Thinking about it a bit more, they probably want to see if the cocks lose to LSU and then pick the option they think gives them higher ratings.  Even though USCe-gators is a much larger game than UT-bammer even with a USCe loss to LSU, the game might not have the "brand value" of a 4-2 UT vs. an undefeated bammer.  USCe is good, but still less familar nationally.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 11:21:33 EDT »

Bama and the #1 rank will carry some weight for a primetime game for ESPN.  I think if UT beats MSU this weekend and can possibly be ranked, that might influence for the later timeslot.  I still think S.Car & Fla are the CBS game.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 11:29:24 EDT »

Bama and the #1 rank will carry some weight for a primetime game for ESPN.  I think if UT beats MSU this weekend and can possibly be ranked, that might influence for the later timeslot.  I still think S.Car & Fla are the CBS game.

I agree.  We should at least be a night game.

Come to think of it, unless CBS is doing a double header, I don't think any of the games mentioned will be a noon game. 

That's usually reserved for something like Auburn-Vandy I would think?   Is CBS doing a double header?  If not, I would expect that of the three games you listed, one would be 2:30 and the other two would be night games.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 11:33:37 EDT »

I agree.  We should at least be a night game.

Come to think of it, unless CBS is doing a double header, I don't think any of the games mentioned will be a noon game. 

That's usually reserved for something like Auburn-Vandy I would think?   Is CBS doing a double header?  If not, I would expect that of the three games you listed, one would be 2:30 and the other two would be night games.

I thought the same.  I thought ESPN only did Big 10 games at noon.  But to quote the article:

ESPN will televise the two games not selected by CBS Sports for slots at noon ET (11 a.m. CT) and primetime (between 7 – 7:45 p.m. ET / 6 – 6:45 p.m. CT).

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 12:41:01 EDT »

I thought the same.  I thought ESPN only did Big 10 games at noon.  But to quote the article:

ESPN will televise the two games not selected by CBS Sports for slots at noon ET (11 a.m. CT) and primetime (between 7 – 7:45 p.m. ET / 6 – 6:45 p.m. CT).

Well that suxes.  Hope we are the 2:30 or evening game either way.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: