VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 07:01:41 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: tweet from Rob Lewis  (Read 3192 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2012, 10:29:43 EDT »

"Vols picked 4th in pre-season SEC hoops poll. KY picked first, UF 2nd, Mizzou 3rd. Stokes 1st team All-SEC, Maymon 2nd team."

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 10:33:58 EDT »

"Vols picked 4th in pre-season SEC hoops poll. KY picked first, UF 2nd, Mizzou 3rd. Stokes 1st team All-SEC, Maymon 2nd team."

I think UT's Men will be in the NCAA tournament as most likely a 7-10 seed

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 10:49:06 EDT »

I think the team will finish 2nd in the SEC and be a top four seed.

That's not to say that the pick isn't fair... I think it is completely fair... I just think Mizzou and UK are going to underachieve based on those expectations and UT is going to overachieve based on those expectations.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 01:34:57 EDT »

I think UT's Men will be in the NCAA tournament as most likely a 7-10 seed

Higher than that.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 01:36:01 EDT »

I think the team will finish 2nd in the SEC and be a top four seed.

That's not to say that the pick isn't fair... I think it is completely fair... I just think Mizzou and UK are going to underachieve based on those expectations and UT is going to overachieve based on those expectations.

I agree. Most UK fans I talk to say this year's team won't be anywhere near the last 2 years teams. UT/UK/Mizzou/FL will be the top 4. All in the East too
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 01:39:38 EDT »

I agree. Most UK fans I talk to say this year's team won't be anywhere near the last 2 years teams. UT/UK/Mizzou/FL will be the top 4. All in the East too

Actually, there's not an East and West division for basketball purposes anymore. 

I think we can win the SEC.  And if Golden develops some consistency, and Kenny Hall returns to the level he was at before his suspension, we can still be playing in April.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 01:45:09 EDT »

Actually, there's not an East and West division for basketball purposes anymore. 

I think we can win the SEC.  And if Golden develops some consistency, and Kenny Hall returns to the level he was at before his suspension, we can still be playing in April.

Oh yeah I forgot. I think we have a nice mix of seniors and juniors with experience. This is an experienced team with quite a bit of talent, and we should be beasts on the board.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 02:21:59 EDT »

Oh yeah I forgot. I think we have a nice mix of seniors and juniors with experience. This is an experienced team with quite a bit of talent, and we should be beasts on the board.

When will the current crop of recruits hit town?   Are they all in for next fall, or are there some early enrollees?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 02:26:26 EDT »

When will the current crop of recruits hit town?   Are they all in for next fall, or are there some early enrollees?
[/quot

Class of 2013 won't be here till next fall.

This class (2012), has Derek Reese, 6'7 F, Armani Moore, 6'5 PG, and DeMontre Edwards, a 6'6 juco wing.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: