VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 08:27:26 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All you Petrino fans  (Read 3143 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2012, 04:06:26 EST »

Can say "told ya so" if we somehow lose to them this year.

But it ain't gonna happen....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 03:04:40 EST »

You rang? 

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 03:22:07 EST »

The fact that he ended up at WKU for less than $1M per year tells you just how toxic he is. I just don't see how you can look at that and say UT should ever have considered the guy.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

101stDad
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 03:35:48 EST »

The fact that he ended up at WKU for less than $1M per year tells you just how toxic he is. I just don't see how you can look at that and say UT should ever have considered the guy.

100% on the money.  With all of the good jobs that have been open, and WKU is the best that he could do, and at $850K per yer?  That speaks volumes. 

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 03:42:49 EST »

100% on the money.  With all of the good jobs that have been open, and WKU is the best that he could do, and at $850K per yer?  That speaks volumes. 

He said at this introduction that he's the one that reached out to WKU, not the other way around.  So that tells me that he had been told no a LOT.

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 03:42:58 EST »

He will get their offense pumped up , win some Sun Belt games, go to a couple of bowls and then he's gone. The stench of his offenses will be washed clean as perceived by some larger school desperate for a winning team.

Western Kentucky should, and probably does, understand this.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 03:56:01 EST »

I see him getting $850k at WKU and think he would have taken $750k and a contract with anything UT wanted to put in it. Plus, I don't know how long he'll walk the straight and narrow, but I'm betting he's as safe now as he'll ever be. And yeah, if WKU has him for two or three years that's a great deal for them.

That having been said Butch Jones is our coach and I'm pulling for him to do well.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
101stDad
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 04:02:48 EST »

I see him getting $850k at WKU and think he would have taken $750k and a contract with anything UT wanted to put in it. Plus, I don't know how long he'll walk the straight and narrow, but I'm betting he's as safe now as he'll ever be. And yeah, if WKU has him for two or three years that's a great deal for them.

That having been said Butch Jones is our coach and I'm pulling for him to do well.

UT, nor any other SEC school, was an option for Petrino.  Mike Slive made it perfectly clear that any SEC school hiring Petrino would have issues with the SEC office. 

Not saying that Slive is right, wrong, or indifferent.  Only saying that is how it was laid out to them.  I don't see Petrino back in the SEC ever. 

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 04:29:00 EST »

BP will be there 2-3 seasons until He gets a bigger gig

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: