VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 11:35:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2nd half was an absolute dumpster fire…  (Read 855 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2022, 08:30:21 EST »

…but it’s a W. I’ll take it.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2022, 08:33:27 EST »

1st half Vols = Final 4

2nd half Vols = one and done
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 08:38:31 EST »

Hopefully the 1st half team shows up more in the future. I still don't trust their shooting from game to game.

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 08:44:11 EST »

1st half Vols = Final 4

2nd half Vols = one and done

Exactly....Lack of aggressive killer instinct will get this team beat quicker than we hope going forward unless they change...Which I doubt because it's this teams MO.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2022, 09:00:38 EST »

Just about pissed it away! The reviews & timeouts in the closing minutes made it unbearable to watch 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2022, 09:35:41 EST »

Just about pissed it away! The reviews & timeouts in the closing minutes made it unbearable to watch 

That last two minutes seemed more like 2 hours. Also, the box score says we went 20-30 from the stripe. Sure didn’t seem that way during the game. I would’ve sworn we were under 50%.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2022, 09:50:42 EST »

That last two minutes seemed more like 2 hours. Also, the box score says we went 20-30 from the stripe. Sure didn’t seem that way during the game. I would’ve sworn we were under 50%.

I haven't looked at it but sometimes you have to look at when you miss the FT's...Today it was at crucial times. Also missing the front end of one and ones is a killer.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2022, 04:19:37 EST »

That's kinda how this team is. They will go on runs, but then stall for 7 minutes.

Give Arkansas credit. That wasn't an average team, they were not going away quietly.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2022, 04:25:04 EST »

Imo they took the air out of the ball really early, Arky got momentum, and the game was on. Add to that the fact that we were complacent on the defensive boards in the second half and you have problems. Quite few possessions in the second half, Arky shot it until the score.

KC’s inability to hit FTs is also troubling. It takes the ball out of good hands in the closing minute of the game. While I am a huge fan of ZZ, he cannot create in the paint like KC. Chandler has to correct his FT shooting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: