VTTW Board Index
May 20, 2024, 04:30:18 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BasketVols moved up  (Read 677 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2021, 07:13:26 EST »

Coaches Poll

Bama 7
UT 10
Mizzou 17
FL 23

AP Poll

Bama 10
UT 11
Mizzou 18
FL 22

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 07:48:13 EST »

I’m hoping a corner was turned on Saturday. But that shooting performance (62% from 3?!) is definitely an outlier this season. Can they keep that up? No. But if they can just maintain 40% from outside, they’ll be really hard to beat. It would also help if Fulky could rediscover his 2020 form.

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 09:47:18 EST »

Wow, we really shot up there.  The media seems to love the men's team for some reason, but I would put us around 15.  I say 15 just by judging us in an absolute sense based on the team we have.  I don't have a good feel for how we rank relative to other teams, but I could buy the notion we are in the top 10 perhaps.  It does not seem like there are a lot of teams out there projecting a lot of hoops power.  It will be interesting to see how this team handles recent success in going down to Oxford tomorrow.  I remember it was almost exactly 40 years ago and my Dad was really up on Vols hoops at the time and he took me on a trip from Memphis to Oxford to see the Vols.  Boy, we sure got skunked that night and the fans there were not too friendly towards the fans in orange.  however, the Vols shook off that drubbing by the Rebs and destroyed the Wildcats at Stokely in the next game.  I think that was the year we faced Sampson in the NCAA 2nd round.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: