VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 01:04:49 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is so not good... I'm peaking too early  (Read 9730 times)
10EC
« on: July 17, 2012, 01:35:20 EDT »

I have had virtually no TV options so I have been watching every freaking youtube video on UT football all evening.  I am unfortunately at a fever pitch and we still have 44 days until kick-off. 

It's not orange colored this year for me.  It's the optimisim that we shouldn't suck this year.  I am going to enjoy it all... 

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 02:03:29 EDT »

I have had virtually no TV options so I have been watching every freaking youtube video on UT football all evening.  I am unfortunately at a fever pitch and we still have 44 days until kick-off. 

It's not orange colored this year for me.  It's the optimisim that we shouldn't suck this year.  I am going to enjoy it all... 

You and me both. I can't really explain why, but for some reason my anticipation level is the highest it's been at this point in the year in probably close to a decade. It's not sheer optimism, either . . . just a little hope and a strong desire to watch this one unfold.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 02:12:59 EDT »

I have no high expectations for the season, but like y'all I'm getting pretty pumped for this season to start.

I had told myself all along that I would not get season tickets this year. The closer the season gets, the more I change my mind. Unfortunately my wife had to have surgery last month to remove a pancreatic tumor, and that chewed up all of my "football money" this year. I guess it'll be a lot of Verne Lundquist and Bob Kesling for me this fall. 
10EC
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 02:13:14 EDT »

You and me both. I can't really explain why, but for some reason my anticipation level is the highest it's been at this point in the year in probably close to a decade. It's not sheer optimism, either . . . just a little hope and a strong desire to watch this one unfold.

You going to be in Atlanta?  I got tickets for the whole family for the first time ever.  
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 02:19:09 EDT »

You going to be in Atlanta?  I got tickets for the whole family for the first time ever.  

No, but the closer we get the more I wish I were. I am planning to go the home opener against Georgia State though.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 02:22:41 EDT »

No, but the closer we get the more I wish I were. I am planning to go the home opener against Georgia State though.

Tailgating will commence EARLY on Sept 8th

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 02:40:33 EDT »

Tailgating will commence EARLY on Sept 8th

We may be able to swing by for a few minutes on our way to the Tin Roof. The Buckeye contingent wants to watch their noon game.

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 03:16:10 EDT »

The title of this thread is what I said on my wedding night.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 03:42:37 EDT »

You are a nut, Stogie.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 04:13:36 EDT »

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 04:17:03 EDT »

That it is how I feel about this season too. I am hopeful that if we have some good luck (finally) we can have a good year. If we start off well I am hopeful (now) that Neyland will be rocking like it hasn't in a few years by the time uat gets here. 
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 04:26:45 EDT »

That it is how I feel about this season too. I am hopeful that if we have some good luck (finally) we can have a good year. If we start off well I am hopeful (now) that Neyland will be rocking like it hasn't in a few years by the time uat gets here. 

You know, about Neyland rocking . . . I think this fanbase just really needs one good thing to happen for it to show out and support the team in a big way. I think a solid win over NC State will get much of the way there all by itself, and at 2-0 we would have a really good atmosphere for the UF game. Win that, and the UT fanbase returns to a fever pitch. If we are able to split road games with UGA and MSU and head into the Bammer game at 5-1, I think the crowd will be intense.

With all the pent up frustration and anticipation I think this fanbase is ready to unleash holy hell on some poor visitor, whether that's Florida or Bammer or Akron and Georgia State.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 05:00:27 EDT »

You know, about Neyland rocking . . . I think this fanbase just really needs one good thing to happen for it to show out and support the team in a big way. I think a solid win over NC State will get much of the way there all by itself, and at 2-0 we would have a really good atmosphere for the UF game. Win that, and the UT fanbase returns to a fever pitch. If we are able to split road games with UGA and MSU and head into the Bammer game at 5-1, I think the crowd will be intense.

With all the pent up frustration and anticipation I think this fanbase is ready to unleash holy hell on some poor visitor, whether that's Florida or Bammer or Akron and Georgia State.

It's Florida, IMO. The key is getting a solid win over NC State and TCB against Ga State. That will set up a night game at Neyland with a Florida team who is very young at QB and hasn't proven it can run the football since Tebow left. All the crowd will need is a big play early and it will get raucous. If they are 4-0 heading to UGa, the fan base (including me) will be back on the bandwagon in a big way, and the team will pick up a lot of needed swagger.

OTOH, if they lose to NC State and/or get down early to UF, you will see empty seats.

I will probably come up for the UF game if they beat NC State. If they lose to NC State, I'm staying home for Florida and won't come to the Alabama game unless they are 4-2 or better heading into that game. And those are the only Neyland games I am even considering going to this year. I will see them in Atlanta and possibly in Nashville.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
EmerilVOL
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 05:59:02 EDT »

We may be able to swing by for a few minutes on our way to the Tin Roof. The Buckeye contingent wants to watch their noon game.

You do know we have sat tv with every damn network channel known to DirecTV on the 50" plasma and we dont watch just sec we watch all sorts of games.....

Our beer and spirits are free and the Tin Roof charges!!!

Sheesh offer free booze and food and get "we are going to the tin roof to watch the buckeyes".....(slap yer forehead moment)

EmerilVOL

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2012, 06:26:59 EDT »

From December until recently, I kept saying "wake me up in late July".

Well, I woke up a couple weeks early, but that's not such a bad thing.   

I am really looking forward to the NC State game because it's exactly the test we need to open the season IMO.  We pass that test, and good things can happen.  We won't have to wait at all to get a feel for how the season will go.  The first game will speak volumes.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 06:28:27 EDT »

It's Florida, IMO. The key is getting a solid win over NC State and TCB against Ga State. That will set up a night game at Neyland with a Florida team who is very young at QB and hasn't proven it can run the football since Tebow left. All the crowd will need is a big play early and it will get raucous. If they are 4-0 heading to UGa, the fan base (including me) will be back on the bandwagon in a big way, and the team will pick up a lot of needed swagger.

OTOH, if they lose to NC State and/or get down early to UF, you will see empty seats.

I will probably come up for the UF game if they beat NC State. If they lose to NC State, I'm staying home for Florida and won't come to the Alabama game unless they are 4-2 or better heading into that game. And those are the only Neyland games I am even considering going to this year. I will see them in Atlanta and possibly in Nashville.
Oh, and the crocs will be on their 2nd straight SEC road game after going to ATM the week before (no two sisters of the poor this year)

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 06:31:19 EDT »

Oh, and the crocs will be on their 2nd straight SEC road game after going to ATM the week before (no two sisters of the poor this year)

Yeah, I noticed that.  That's going to be tough for them.  A&M will not have an easy road coming to the SEC, but they have been picked as high as 3rd in a very tough Western division, so they are no pushovers.

There's a good chance Florida comes in with an L and negative momentum.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 12:39:03 EDT »

Wish I could get excited guys. But my wife has surgery scheduled this Friday, another one in 6-8 weeks, and if both of these work, one more 4 weeks later. And she has to go every Saturday mid-day for treatment. I am just flat out to concerned and worried about her to be concerned with football. Maybe when the season starts, it can offer distraction. I hope they play like a team this year.
Quasi EVol
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2012, 03:02:28 EDT »

You are a nut, Stogie.

EmerilVOL
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2012, 02:20:18 EDT »

Wish I could get excited guys. But my wife has surgery scheduled this Friday, another one in 6-8 weeks, and if both of these work, one more 4 weeks later. And she has to go every Saturday mid-day for treatment. I am just flat out to concerned and worried about her to be concerned with football. Maybe when the season starts, it can offer distraction. I hope they play like a team this year.

Understood bro and prayers are offered for her.....

EmerilVOL

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 03:44:16 EDT »

Prayers for y'all.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2012, 04:02:49 EDT »

May God bless and hold you both close.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2012, 04:40:10 EDT »

Whoa, BOM, y'all have had a really rough time. I'm praying you have peace and there is quick healing.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: