VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 08:28:19 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What the hell is Texas’s cheer?  (Read 978 times)
10EC
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2022, 08:20:13 EST »

Because we need them to beat the hell out of TCU.
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2022, 10:19:58 EST »

Because we need them to beat the hell out of TCU.

that would be fantastic, I'm certainly watching that game

11B4PJ3F7
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2022, 10:53:35 EST »

We may also need ND to come through for us again when they play USC in a couple weeks.

10EC
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2022, 10:59:30 EST »

We may also need ND to come through for us again when they play USC in a couple weeks.

I’m not sure I can do that… cheer for ND…
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2022, 11:15:11 EST »

Do we? I would think that with TCU out of the picture, UT is GTG

11B4PJ3F7
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2022, 11:33:00 EST »

Do we? I would think that with TCU out of the picture, UT is GTG

I think so, too. But I want to leave nothing to chance. You know if comes down to Oregon/SC or a 2nd or 3rd SEC team, we just might get screwed.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2022, 12:12:32 EST »

Got to watch out for Oregon if they win out and win the PAC 12 championship....Also the same if USCw wins out...Winning conference championships means something if you are a 1 loss team....And I'd be shocked if under that example if they didn't put the PAC 12 champion in over 2 SEC teams...
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2022, 03:38:12 EST »

In the past they have left out a one-loss conference champ. I think that happened to OSU one year.

Doesn't mean it will happen this year, so put me down as rooting for the Irish.  Of course, I like them anyway.      But yeah, any team that is remotely a threat to us getting a playoff spot needs to lose.

And 10EC...its "hook em horns".  Surely you know this?   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2022, 03:45:52 EST »

I think our resident rocket scientists should hit a rock in space with a satellite and cause the rock to enter the earth's atmosphere and hit the stadium
Vegas would take a hit but frankly, I don't give a damn

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2022, 06:03:58 EST »

I think our resident rocket scientists should hit a rock in space with a satellite and cause the rock to enter the earth's atmosphere and hit the stadium
Vegas would take a hit but frankly, I don't give a damn

Are you saying ND and USC Sr play in Vegas?  Or just that the whole left coast would be gone and take Vegas with it? 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2022, 01:48:39 EST »

Are you saying ND and USC Sr play in Vegas?  Or just that the whole left coast would be gone and take Vegas with it? 
No, just that a small(ish) rock hits the field where the two teams play and the bookies have to return all the money bet a there is no game

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2022, 03:03:31 EST »

I think Oregon and USC may be bigger threats than TCU. Hopefully all can drop a game.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2022, 03:10:09 EST »

I think Oregon and USC may be bigger threats than TCU. Hopefully all can drop a game.

If both continue winning, they’ll have to play each other in the P12 title game. That’ll eliminate one of them.

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2022, 04:05:21 EST »

Oregon has a tough stretch left in their sched - Washington, Utah and at heated rival Or St.

The winner of USC/UCLA will be a threat for sure.  UCLA has better wins than USC in their resume, so maybe root for SC here.  It will be intersting to see who goes to the PAC 12 CG.  I guess O, UCLA, USC, UTAH are all in the mix.

It will be interesting to see where the VOLS are in the CFP poll with respect to TCU.  We are pretty close to TCU in votes in the AP, and Bama was ahead of TCU in the last CFP poll.  Maybe we stay ahead of TCU... it will be close I imagine.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2022, 07:20:36 EST »

Didn't the PAC 12 get rid of divisions and are now putting their 2 best teams in the PAC 12 playoff game? Pretty sure they did.

Also we need to remember the SEC got 2 teams in last season because there was a ACC champion with 2 losses....a Big 12 champion with 2 losses....a PAC 12 champion with 3 losses. That's not going to happen this year....IMO they will take a 1 loss conference champion over a team that doesn't play in their conference championship game...

I hope we get to the point in the future that we go win the big games and don't rely on other teams to fail to get into championship/playoff games....Like many, I remember those early season losses to Florida and we were hoping after the UF game they would lose 2 games so we can get back in the mix....Just recruit...get better...and go win those big moment games.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 07:31:33 EST by Tnphil » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2022, 09:08:28 EST »

Would a one loss Clemson really get in ahead of us? I can't see it. That leaves a one loss TCU. Also don't see that. One loss Pac 12? Yes. One loss BiG runner up? No.

So one loss Pac 12
BiG winner
Uga
Vols

That's assuming Kelly doesn't pull the miracle upset of uga. If they do likely they are in with two losses. But very unlikely think.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 09:10:54 EST by BanditVol » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: